• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Some Max Martin covers..

Started by Scott Martin :), December 13, 2008, 01:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Martin :)

Travis doing 'Baby One More Time';
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=acULghgYUg0&feature=related

This guy doing a brilliantly slow and sad rendition of 'I Kissed a Girl';
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JXYfJKRznA

I think it just goes to show how well written these songs are.

*Sabine*

Yes baby one more is still great even with some arrangement that i don't like, not pop.

Raul_esp

I kissed a girl cover is very great , the chorus is even more melodic than the original   .

Rebecca

yeah, good covers, it's almost hard to go wrong, the songs have such a strong melody that no matter how people sing them, it sounds great.

clabbelito

Quote from: *Sabine* on December 13, 2008, 02:57:26 PM
Yes baby one more is still great even with some arrangement that i don't like, not pop.

A peace of trivia: In Sweden, people who are into Travis - and other more alternative sounding stuff - like to call this genre "pop", probably a short form of "indie pop".

For me, pop has to have commercial appeal and not be to gloomy.  :)

Rebecca

Yes, I agree, people in Australia also call 'indie pop' pop, when I don't consider it poppy.

Travis is definitely not pop, I think it's mostly just uninteresting and not even so 'indie'.