• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Dr. Luke: The Source..........

Started by georg_e, December 21, 2013, 02:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

It's so easy to get caught up in 'Who's # 1 on Billboard' , what are the coolest studio sounds, etc etc and forget........What is 'The Source', the Magic behind all of this great music we all love so much? Why out of ten zillion songwriters/producers/songwriters do some stand out and reach so many people with their music? For me, this writing by a young guitarist and guitar student --written way before Dr. Luke was even known really as anything but a guitarist on SNL-- points the way to something deep....it's about being able to affect people emotionally, and at its deepest level, it has almost nothing to do with studio techniques, etc., or even "Pop Music". It's about raw emotion..... Here's what this young guitarist wrote, and he was feelin' it!!:

"The first time I saw Lukasz Gottwald play, I was absolutely mesmerized. It was around 12:45 AM, and I was watching Saturday Night Live. I watch it nearly every week, and have since I can remember. The band rarely gets camera time, so I hadn't ever noticed him before, but then, one week, there he was. Glowing with a light of brilliance, his fingers sliding across the fret board with flawless precision, his head bobbing in rhythm with the enthralling music. I remember it clearly; the horns played backup parts as Gottwald wailed at the helm of a great blues piece. Each note caressed my ears like Oprah's mouth on a succulent glazed donut. My knees grew weak. Lukasz was shown for less than 10 seconds leading into the commercial, but the damage was done. I had fallen to the floor, weeping. I had never heard blues played with such raw emotion. Pure and untainted pain was conveyed through Gottwald's long sustained bends, and his rapid fire bursts sent shivers crawling across my entire body. It was bittersweet; I was on the ground in convulsions, tears streaming from my face, and yet my ears were burning with an intense desire. A desire to hear more of Lukasz Gottwald's awe-inspiring music.  I was in bed for a week afterward regaining my strength."

I found this thru a link on Rebecca's Max Martin Fansite......check it out :-)

bugmenot

I wish to watch any video from SNL 1997-2007
Youtube don't have any

Rebecca

I have never seen Dr Luke on SNL either, that's a shame youtube don't have any

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

georg_e

There's a smokin guitar solo at 3:13 of this Mickey Avalon song, produced by Dr. Luke way back in 2009  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EFhtygsHEY&list=PLKeVIchdC50SSkQuV4SkCDEkUCP1mUc2g

I've always thought this was him playing -- if it is, only example I know of on a pop record of his soloing.   He even appears briefly on set of the video production here    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZylqPei7E0   so thru process of logical deduction....:D

And if I'm wrong, it's still a burning solo, especially towards the end!!!!

nznexus

dr.luke is one fo the best producers in the world.

atleast for me, he is.!
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.