• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Baby One More Time synths

Started by Svenskulturälskare, February 04, 2013, 05:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Svenskulturälskare

Hello everybody, this is my first post here. Great forum!!

So, maybe this has been asked/answered a zillion times, but everytime I listen to Baby One More Time something emerges from the depths of my teen-pop soul. Few songs achieve this. Thus I realized the pad sound has a strong impact in the song (kinda spiritual maybe?) and I would like to know how was it made. Some Faith No More songs use a similar pad, but I have no clue about what Mr. Martin used in this Britney  #1.

In the instrumental version can be easily appreciated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPnYGob2BYs

Peace

Joshua

Hey Svenskulturälskare, welcome to the forum! I love synths, especially pads... they are my favourite element to many tracks (especially in pop and dance). They fill the mix up, give it wonderful ambiance and can really set the tone. I have no idea what would have been used on "...Baby One More Time", it could well be as simple as a pad from the Korg M1. There are a few threads in the "Studio, Sounds" section about gear and sounds Cheiron used, so you might find some info there.

Definitely check out this thread though...

http://www.swedishsongs.de/smf/index.php?topic=1502.0

It has the stems from the instrumental, so you can hear the synths more isolated.

olsen87

Hi there,

i'm quite new on here also!

I don't know about 'Baby' specifically but i think that Cheiron used a chorus quite a lot on a synth sound to give it a 'eerie' sound! maybe eerie is the wrong word!! :) but you hear it often at the end of a track during the fade out- (particularly with BSB).

other than that i would support what Joshua said- could have been a standard pad noise from whatver keys they were using.

Hope this helps somewhat

Erik

Twitter: @erikolsen98
"I didn't even know what a producer did, I spent two years day and night in that studio trying to learn what the hell was going on."

nznexus

the piano sound and other sound is probably from emu vintage keys expansion and a wurlitzer..

the synths and pads and bells are probably from roland xv 5050 and or roland jv 2080..

here is a small demo of this track baby one more time with only the pads and bells.

https://soundcloud.com/nznexus2/max-martin-sound

i uploaded it on my soundcloud
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Rebecca

wow, that is incredible! thank you
the level of detail is amazing

Feelgoodlies

Yeah I loved it too, this was the amazing formula Cheiron had.