• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

AnthePriz

Started by cheironlover, October 18, 2021, 09:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheironlover

Tano87

Most of the sounds he listen aren't used or layered at all, but anyway it's a good place to get near the cheiron sound.

cheironlover

Quote from: Tano87 on October 19, 2021, 07:37:49 AM
Most of the sounds he listen aren't used or layered at all, but anyway it's a good place to get near the cheiron sound.

Some of the stabs were, though.

Tano87

Quote from: cheironlover on October 27, 2021, 11:00:48 PM
Some of the stabs were, though.
not really...if you compare them closely u'll see that are different

Snipes3000

And couldn't EQ'ing and compressing them leads to them not being different? Cheiron used a specific mix board (see gear list) and they definitely used the options available on that board. There is a video online about the mix board, including an old fashioned built in computer. I think you would like that Tano 8)
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

Tano87

Quote from: Snipes3000 on October 28, 2021, 01:42:20 PM
And couldn't EQ'ing and compressing them leads to them not being different? Cheiron used a specific mix board (see gear list) and they definitely used the options available on that board. There is a video online about the mix board, including an old fashioned built in computer. I think you would like that Tano 8)

EQ and compressing doesn't really change how a sound sound...you just cut or add frequencies...but the sample is that and can't be changed.
I tell u this because most of the stuff people are looking for are very under our nose but we don't see it.
It's just about layering samples or patches. That's how they got most of their iconic sounds.

EQ and Compressing just effect the sound of a beat, like a kick or a snare or an hi-hat...but u can't really change everything single sound.

For example the stab that they mainly used was a patch from JV2080 but that was layered with crashes, brass hit (chords or oneshot) or sonar or manicshot or other samples/patches that's why it always sounds different.
But if u listen to the dry sample it sound like an old broken radio with no sense. Then when u start mixing and layer sounds u got the same sound.
It's all about layering and mixing not about equing or compressing.

Like if u think I got the talkbox sound just taking the emu patch and compressing and equing u're totally wrong.
It's straight from their library and got it from an old 90s cd sample that is still unknow along with some layers used for the stabs and the the typical sax in the pre-choruses.

Seems like u forgot some important element from the cheiron team they had a lot of work to do, they had no time to play or discover new sounds/samples and they were LAZY!

Listen to this...

https://soundcloud.com/gaerux/stronger_clip/s-tTjsZFVffG1

It is not about equing or compressing.
It's about mixing the right patches.

Snipes3000

Nice job on the stronger clip Tano.

Layering is primary (and eq'ing is vital for proper layering) and compression can change the character of the sound frequency wise (best thing to try it with is OTT). Hence, layering is primary and compression and eq are secondary tools. I agree.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

Tano87

Quote from: Snipes3000 on February 12, 2022, 12:28:14 PM
Nice job on the stronger clip Tano.

Layering is primary (and eq'ing is vital for proper layering) and compression can change the character of the sound frequency wise (best thing to try it with is OTT). Hence, layering is primary and compression and eq are secondary tools. I agree.

I also did Oops

https://soundcloud.com/gaerux/oops-new/s-4lCnktc36Mc

Dagge

I always wonder why do people concentrate on Cheiron sounds and gear when talking about their success. Actually it's all in the strong melody and tasty arrangement. It's not much more than that and this is obviously more than enough for the success. Their mixing desk Euphonix was ordinary, their programming computer Atari also. Only special sound hard to imitate was snare.