• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

My unfinished ideas

Started by J_A24, February 20, 2014, 04:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_A24

j.fco.morales

Amazing job!

You were true about the Oliver-influenced stuff ;)

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 07, 2014, 10:46:00 PM
Amazing job!

You were true about the Oliver-influenced stuff ;)

I love "Hope" :P

Rex

I really like your work! Keep on it! How did you create that clap sound in this song? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/53tohuci5h76wuo/Jamz%20Bonne%20nuit.mp3

j.fco.morales

Amazing sounding J, all you need now is a topliner!

J_A24

Thanks guys, I'm gonna put out a couple of remixes soon. I'm working really hard because I want a publishing deal.

@Rex It's like 3 layered claps and one tonal percussion sample. One clap has more body, the other is more white-noisy and longer, the other one is shorter and I place it just the before the attack. The percussion sample is to make it more unique (tune it to the key of your beat). Then I eq them, use the transient designer plug in on the whole thing to bring out the attack, a touch of distortion for more color and I send it to a short reverb bus that has a warm tape effect to make it sound bigger.

Try to avoid vengeance samples and other "EDM" sample packs. Try to cut drums from your favorite producers/songs and make them sound like your own. 

Rex

Thanks for the tips! btw, do you use pro-tools?

J_A24

Quote from: Rex on December 21, 2014, 12:58:10 AM
Thanks for the tips! btw, do you use pro-tools?

Nah, I use Ableton Live.

Adam B

Sounds a little too harsh to my ears, but thats just details -other than that I think it's great work.

J_A24

Quote from: Adam B on December 21, 2014, 06:28:08 AM
Sounds a little too harsh to my ears, but thats just details -other than that I think it's great work.

Thank you for the feedback. I think so too, only with time and work my mixing will get better.

j.fco.morales

I'm sure you'll get a publishing deal, all you need to do is keep working on your craft -you're doing a great job- and try to make "songs"... it's easier that way.

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on December 22, 2014, 04:48:27 AM
I'm sure you'll get a publishing deal, all you need to do is keep working on your craft -you're doing a great job- and try to make "songs"... it's easier that way.

Oh yeah I'm doing pop stuff/writing too, but it's more challenging to do stuff like this for me. Right now I'm just focusing on being really productive and lately I'm finding more inspiration away from pop music.

J_A24

Here's a remix I'm working on, just a basic layout

https://www.dropbox.com/s/54wq38mz81fwnff/Runawayrmxprev_3.mp3?dl=0

melodicmoonlight

how does one begin the process of achieving a publishing deal?  are lots of people trying to get one? is it competitive?

hmm...