• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ariana Grande - working with Max Martin and Rami Yacoub

Started by turnaround, January 27, 2014, 08:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

she's way too hot to criticize the video :D

re Best Mistake: how can you love the beat? the drums are so simple and we also know them from like 20 key wane songs before ...
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Seems like you forgot about Ellie, Benny cheater.

saethor

QuoteGrande wasn't so sure. "I hated it at first," she says, describing her vocals on "Break Free," which she sings ahead of the beat. Co-producer Max Martin convinced her to sing in what she calls a "more forward placement." "I was like no, no, no! Please just let me sing it how I would sing it," she mock-whines. "But he was like, 'Just try it. Trust me.'" She loved the results. "I was so pleased when I tried something that I thought -- no, that I knew I would hate."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6221482/billboard-cover-ariana-grande-on-fame-freddy-krueger-and-her-freaky-past

J_A24

Quote from: B Steady on August 15, 2014, 02:28:12 PM
she's way too hot to criticize the video :D

re Best Mistake: how can you love the beat? the drums are so simple and we also know them from like 20 key wane songs before ...

We can also ask you: How can you find her hot?

It's taste man.

Polarmachine

review of MY EVERYTHING in rolling stones.

they hated the harry styles-song lol.

http://ariana-news.tumblr.com/image/94865928554

benny:
I don't know why i love it, I just know it gave me a good feeling. I guess after 3 pop songs I enjoyed a more stripped down song.

georg_e

Quote from: saethor on August 15, 2014, 11:06:20 PM
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6221482/billboard-cover-ariana-grande-on-fame-freddy-krueger-and-her-freaky-past
I'm fascinated by this idea of  ''forward placement'', so I re-listened to the song a bunch of times to check it out......but where does she sing ''ahead of the beat"?   Don't hear it.....anybody else?

Quote [Grande wasn't so sure. "I hated it at first," she says, describing her vocals on "Break Free," which she sings ahead of the beat. Co-producer Max Martin convinced her to sing in what she calls a "more forward placement." "I was like no, no, no! Please just let me sing it how I would sing it," she mock-whines. "But he was like, 'Just try it. Trust me.'" She loved the results. "I was so pleased when I tried something that I thought -- no, that I knew I would hate."

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: georg_e on August 17, 2014, 12:08:39 AM
     I'm fascinated by this idea of  ''forward placement'', so I re-listened to the song a bunch of times to check it out......but where does she sing ''ahead of the beat"?   Don't hear it.....anybody else?

Quote [Grande wasn't so sure. "I hated it at first," she says, describing her vocals on "Break Free," which she sings ahead of the beat. Co-producer Max Martin convinced her to sing in what she calls a "more forward placement." "I was like no, no, no! Please just let me sing it how I would sing it," she mock-whines. "But he was like, 'Just try it. Trust me.'" She loved the results. "I was so pleased when I tried something that I thought -- no, that I knew I would hate."

i don't think it's that technical. she doesn't sing ahead of the beat, he means more the emphasis of her singing... particularly the pre-chorus i think. "when i say i don't want ya"

Rebecca

I'm interested in this "forward placement" too. Max has so many ideas, or is this typical?

j.fco.morales

She calls it "forward placement".

What Max wants is grab the attention of the listener.
I really HATE Break Free -mainly because I can't stand that overrated Zedd stuff- but I know the words and the melodies after two or three listenings and Max is the best making catchy melodies.

He did it, that's it.
And he have done the same so many times before, that's his talent.

turnaround

First review:

http://www.popjustice.com/blogs/etc/ariana-grandes-my-everything-a-first-listen-review-thing/129906

Quote9. 'Love Me Harder' feat The Weeknd (by Max)
As anyone with fully functioning ears will tell you, The Weeknd's own songs are a non-stop borefest of emotional inertia, but 'Elastic Heart' showed that he's pretty good in small doses. And that's true of 'Love Me Harder', which starts small and slightly pervy - "if you let me invade your space" is uttered in the first verse – before mushrooming out into a 'throbbing', electro-heavy chorus. There's a really catchy post-chorus bit where Ariana sings "love me, love me...harder, harder" before some big vacuum-esque synths zip around all over the show.
8.5/10
And I liked it..

uberweiss

http://www.mtv.co.uk/ariana-grande/news/ariana-grande-walks-mtv-through-my-everything-track-by-track

Here she says "One Last Try" was done by Max, Savan and Rami... Could it be?

Edit: Popjustice says the same! And Falk, obviously.

MAX AND RAMI.

turnaround

Oh. Probably Savan wrote it with both individually then. I don't believe they were all together. :)

But great to hear. The MKTO song was nice.
And I liked it..

Jules

Quote from: turnaround on August 18, 2014, 11:14:10 PM
I don't believe they were all together. :)

Because, always make sure to remember:
MAX AND RAMI ARE IN A VERY, VEEEERY SERIOUS BIG FIGHT !!!

*coughdramadramadramacough*

LOL