• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

New Midnight Red song - Max Martin/Dr Luke inspiration?

Started by davegeenz, June 21, 2012, 03:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davegeenz

I like producer RedOne's music, but I wonder if he's had a few too many Max Martin & Dr Luke songs on repeat in the studio recently?   ;)

Following on from the Akon/E-Type ripoff, check out RedOne's new boyband Midnight Red and their debut song "Hell Yeh"... in particular the second half of the chorus.  Sounds suspciously familiar to Taio Cruz's big hit "Dynamite", co-written by Max and Dr Luke, etc...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmbC6qagLKY

Given that Midnight Red are being pushed hard in the United States, I suspect this similarity (unintential or not) will be noticed by more people than the few there who would have known E-Type's "True Believer" song.
The verses and electro breakdown bits in between sound more along the lines of Max/Dr Luke's recent work with Britney & Ke$ha than RedOne's usual stuff??  Still a good song tho.

turnaround

Just came across a song by Midnight Red called "Take Me Home"

RedOne, Bilal "The Chef" Hajji, Alex Papaconstantinou, Achraf "AJ" Jannusi, Mika "Prophet" Guillory, Björn Djupström & Gary Angulo

All their songs have been by RedOne and a big team.

Not that bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyKZbdOXhbE
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

Quote from: turnaround on July 18, 2013, 08:52:08 PM
Just came across a song by Midnight Red called "Take Me Home"

RedOne, Bilal "The Chef" Hajji, Alex Papaconstantinou, Achraf "AJ" Jannusi, Mika "Prophet" Guillory, Björn Djupström & Gary Angulo

All their songs have been by RedOne and a big team.

Not that bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyKZbdOXhbE

Great pop song!

Joshua

This to me is so middle of the road, nothing special about it at all. I can't wait until the whole 'oh oh" thing is on the way out, it's like they were too lazy to write half the chorus.

rhythmic5

the verse/pre is awesome, but the chorus is rather unmemorable and middle of the road

ray

Austin Mahone's 'What about love' is also by RedOne and sounds like a Nsync song.

davegeenz

Quote from: ray on July 24, 2013, 07:09:20 PM
Austin Mahone's 'What about love' is also by RedOne and sounds like a Nsync song.
Thanks for that. Only just managed to catch up on it. It is *very* "No Strings Attached" Nsync-era sounding!  More than a few hat tips to Bye Bye Bye (Kristian/Jake/Andreas) and It's Gonna Be Me (Max/Andreas/Rami).  Not that I'm complaining. Keep it up RedOne!

Slightly off-topic again, but I also only just recently discovered The Wanted's "Walks Like Rihanna" (it hasn't been released way down here in New Zealand)... a perfect pop song!  (Dr Luke with a bunch of new writers including a few Norweigans it seems... Henry Walter, Andy Hill, Henrik Michelsen, Edvard Førre Erfjord)

Joshua

Quote from: davegeenz on August 02, 2013, 01:51:06 PM
Slightly off-topic again, but I also only just recently discovered The Wanted's "Walks Like Rihanna" (it hasn't been released way down here in New Zealand)... a perfect pop song!  (Dr Luke with a bunch of new writers including a few Norweigans it seems... Henry Walter, Andy Hill, Henrik Michelsen, Edvard Førre Erfjord)

"Walks Like Rihanna" is still my favourite song of the year so far. Are you sure it hasn't been released in NZ yet? We got it early here in Australia back in May, and usually our releases are the same. Wiki doesn't mention a chart position for you guys though so that doesn't help.

davegeenz

Quote from: Joshua on August 03, 2013, 05:54:38 PM
"Walks Like Rihanna" is still my favourite song of the year so far. Are you sure it hasn't been released in NZ yet? We got it early here in Australia back in May, and usually our releases are the same. Wiki doesn't mention a chart position for you guys though so that doesn't help.
Hmm you could be right... just did some googling and there was mention of it in late June here.  Seems like it peaked at #58 on the official NZ charts, and #202 on the NZ iTunes chart. Ouch. I work as a tv journo, but at some offices as one of the major private radio companies here... didn't seem to get playlisted at any of their stations, and they have ~50% of the New Zealand market.  Highly underrated song then.

Joshua

Quote from: davegeenz on August 05, 2013, 02:17:28 PM
Hmm you could be right... just did some googling and there was mention of it in late June here.  Seems like it peaked at #58 on the official NZ charts, and #202 on the NZ iTunes chart. Ouch. I work as a tv journo, but at some offices as one of the major private radio companies here... didn't seem to get playlisted at any of their stations, and they have ~50% of the New Zealand market.  Highly underrated song then.

That's funny, I used to work in TV commercial production here and we were merged with the main private radio station of the capital and I got to work many days there, so a similar situation. I don't recall hearing it played on the radio here in Tasmania, only saw the video once or twice on a pay tv music channel. It's probably too poppy to get the same treatment as all the electro/indie stuff that gets played 24/7.