• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Is Max mostly working out of Stockholm?

Started by Axel, July 18, 2011, 11:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axel

hi folks
I was wondering.. with everyone saying that you need to be in the States for really getting to work with the big guns, does Max still operate out of Stockholm mostly? I'm aware Maratone is there, but do the artists fly in or does he "simply" write the songs with studio singers, sends the song to a producer who then records the song somewhere in the States? Considering he and Shellback do both produce and write, I was wondering if Max really mostly is in Stockholm or anywhere in the States. :)

does anyone know how I have to imagine the process?
-Axel

Dominik

i think it depends on who he's working with...I know
that if he writes together with Luke they do most of
the stuff at Conway in Hollywood, but I'm sure he does
a lot of the actuall writing in his own Studio in Stockholm...

Rebecca

yeah, I agree with Dominik, I think he mainly works in Stockholm but then goes to LA to work with Dr Luke for say a big artist like Britney.

I've also noticed in some songs credits that say the song is recorded in Stockholm and the vocals recorded in LA. So maybe that's when the artist is too busy to travel.
Avril Lavigne went to Stockholm though.

klukan

When Britney performed in Denmark in the summer 2009, she went straight to Stockholm afterwards to record "3" the day after.

Khan9898

I know Savan, Rami, Carl, and Kristian are all in Stockholm and have been for a while now. They have visa issues going on and don't know when they'll be returning to L.A. So if BSB want's to work with them they have to fly to Stockholm...

Rebecca

oh wow, I didn't realise that Rami would be back in Stockholm now, I thought he'd be in LA for good, I didn't think about visa issues. good they're all back in Stockholm.

CBS

Rami, Carl and Steve Angello resides in A Side Productions old location at Svartensgatan 8. With other words, Kinglet Studios have moved from L.A. to Stockholm. A Side is now located at Tavastgatan, a few minutes away from there.

Axel

just curious: where do you know this from? that they have visa problems etc... ? does anyone of you know them personally?

olsen87

This is interesting because I know that Kristian Lundin was in LA back in May 2011 but it's great if they're now back in Sweden.
"I didn't even know what a producer did, I spent two years day and night in that studio trying to learn what the hell was going on."

nznexus

dr luke said that max martin has a recording-songwriting room, or producing studio in LA.

thats what i heard.
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

pete729

I heard they have a mirror studio in L.A.

AdamKhan

Carl and Savan are in LA/ Hollywood actually. Carl and his wife moved over living in hollywood hills.

turnaround

Oh interesting. I thought Savan lived in Stockholm.

I guess he travels a lot as he is involved in so many different songwriting teams anyway.

Anyone remembers the very cool studio pictures of the Maratone studio? Anyone has current pictures of the studio?

Where does Shellback mostly work?
And I liked it..

Feelgoodlies

Kristian lives in LA actually, Kristina Maria usually writes she is recording with Kristian in L.A.

AdamKhan

Yes i thought Savan was Swedish but he's an American