• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin, Shellback and Jörgen Elofsson nominated for Grammy Awards

Started by turnaround, December 06, 2012, 09:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

YAY.

Song of the Year
"Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)"
Jörgen Elofsson, David Gamson, Greg Kurstin & Ali Tamposi, songwriters (Kelly Clarkson)

Record of the Year
Max Martin, Shellback & Taylor Swift, producers; Serban Ghenea, engineer/mixer; Tom Coyne, mastering engineer

See all the nominations here :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Grammy_Awards

It would be great if both songs would be awarded!! 8)

Jörgen and Max competing in the same category  8)
And I liked it..

Rebecca

This is so exciting!!

but who would get up to receive the award? Jorgen or Kelly Clarkson? or Max, Shellback or Taylor Swift??

is it normally the singer or the songwriter?

There is also Teenage Dream for album of the year!

turnaround

Oops, will add this. Interesting question. I think the artist will receive it. It's all a bit complicated I think.

What is the difference between "Record" and "Song".
And I liked it..

gm33

It's a little confusing.

Unlike film and television where acting and production awards are clear cut, for some reasons a lot more credit goes to the artist when it comes to music (personally, which I think is undeserving, but that's a topic for another day! It would be like Leo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet winning the Oscar for Best Picture for Titanic rather than James Cameron.)

Here's a little cheat sheet, simplified:

Record of the Year, nominates a single track, goes to the: Artist, producer(s), mastering engineer, engineer and/or mixer
Song of the Year nominates a singe track ,goes to the: Songwriter(s)
Album of the Year nominates an entire album, goes to the: Main artist, the featured artist, the producer, the engineer and/or mixer and the mastering engineer

The majority of the rest of the awards are performance based and so go to the artist.

So while Max's and co's work is nominated for a number of Grammys:

Max and Shellback are only nominated for one, Record of the Year, as producers of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
and so the award would go to Max Martin, Shellback & Taylor Swift, producers; Serban Ghenea, engineer/mixer; Tom Coyne, mastering engineer

Jörgen is only nominated for one, Song of the Year, as a songwriter for Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
and so the award would go to Jörgen Elofsson, David Gamson, Greg Kurstin & Ali Tamposi, songwriters

Benjamin Levin is nominated for one, Best R&B Song, as a songwriter.  Heart Attack

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

turnaround

Thank you for explanation gm33.

Janet Leon posted this :D

QuoteJanet Leon
My dear beloved Jörgen Elofsson has been nominated for a Grammy for writing "Stronger" - Kelly Clarkeson. Song of the year. I'm so extremely proud, and honored to be working with such a talented and amazing individual. Congrats ♥
And I liked it..

AdamKhan

So your saying Album of the Year would go to all the producers involved on the album?

Oroz

Correct if I'm wrong but would this be Max's first grammy ever? I remember reading somewhere (maybe here) that he hasn't won one yet.

Either case, best of lucks!

Joshua

I'm so excited! No, Max hasn't won before sadly. I'm not sure how many nominations he's had, he was listed in the Album Of The Year nomination for Katy's "Teenage Dream" two years back, not sure what else. Maroon 5's album and "Wide Awake" are also nominated this year, but with the award going to the artist. I've seen a whole group of people get on stage when it's for album of the year, so I would hope they all get a Grammy to take home.

Rebecca, where did you see Katy's album nominated for this year?

turnaround

BTW, I am also glad that German songwriter Hans Zimmer is nominated for his Batman score.  :D
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: Joshua on December 07, 2012, 06:28:16 AM

Rebecca, where did you see Katy's album nominated for this year?

I saw it on wikipedia! always reliable! it's gone now, it must have been a typo. I thought it was strange it was there.

gm33 thanks for your explanation.

rebekahELLE

Actually both songs mentioned in the original post are up for Record of the Year, Stronger and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together Again.
So they are in competition.

Stronger is also up for Song of the Year.  I really love this song and would to see it win either of these categories. 

The Record Of The Year category recognizes the artist's performance as well as the overall contributions of the producer(s), recording engineer(s) and/or mixer(s) if other than the artist. The Song Of The Year category recognizes the songwriter(s).

Congrats to all involved in the process! 
http://www.grammy.com/nominees

turnaround

So excited! I am really hoping for some Cheiron Grammy Winners!
And I liked it..

B Steady

In Germany the Grammys will launch at 2 am but I'll watch it!!
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Can't watch it, but please tell then if they attended and if they were mentioned.

Here is an article about Jörgen and the Grammys.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article16214011.ab?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=aftonbladetfeed

Apparently "Stronger" was declined by Leona Lewis :o :o

He never met Kelly :o :o

And here an interview with the producer Greg Kurstin talkin about "Stronger".         
http://popdust.com/2013/02/08/from-geggy-tah-to-the-grammys-the-wild-ride-of-pop-impersario-greg-kurstin/

And another article:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/02/04/behind-the-song-kelly-clarkson-stronger-what-doesnt-kill-you

About the inspiration of the song.       
And I liked it..