• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

R City - What dreams are made of (Dr Luke)

Started by kjdrapeau, September 23, 2015, 08:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexanderLaBrea

It's Arrowhead. One of the most common and popular brands of bottled water in LA.

turnaround

New Dr Luke:

Seeb and R City -

Chloe Angelides, Lukasz Gottwald, Gamal "Lunchmoney" Lewis, Makiel Theron Thomas, Jamahli Timothy Thomas, Henry Russell Walter, Simen Eriksrud, Espen Berg, Trond Opsahl & Christoffer Huse

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/74BGCq2L25uHnxC7Zwgp8q[/spotify]
And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

It's a remix of Make Up featuring Chloe Angelides.

turnaround

And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: getawaydriver on August 14, 2021, 10:19:52 PM
Theron from Rock City co-wrote Lizzo & Cardi B's new single.

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/6KgtcmCF9Ky68XC7ezxl3s?si=nwwl_-2fRoO4dPYdVIttCw&context=spotify%3Aplaylist%3A37i9dQZF1DXcBWIGoYBM5M&dl_branch=1[/spotify]

Written by Cardi B, Lizzo, Nate Mercereau, Ricky Reed, Theron Thomas of R. City, and TORAE
Produced by Ricky Reed

I love the song. Before I knew Ricky Reed produced it, some elements of the song actually reminded me of Mark Ronson a bit. And I know she was in the studio with him for this upcoming album.

I've seen some fan reaction criticizing the chorus for not popping off enough but I think it's great! I enjoy the misdirect of the chorus starting with instrumental only. It's something different we don't hear often in songs.

nanofives

Not sure why but this one gives me Jessie J's burning up vibes.

j.fco.morales

I didn't like that much either. The mixing is a bit messy to my taste.
The brass and strings sounds cheap and I agree with the song not being catchy but I guess it's more about the message.

Snipes3000

I love it too. Hopefully Tyson Trax will hear this and bring it to the next level on some Doja stuff
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: getawaydriver on September 09, 2021, 05:39:47 PM
[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/5SixeLvPsYpk7qq9lo5xYg?si=78a2cb8a307c4758[/spotify]

Written by Chlöe, FnZ, Jeremy McIntyre, Mighty Mark, Murda Beatz, Nija, Theron Thomas of R. City, TT the Artist & UNIIQU3
Produced by BoogzDaBeast, Chlöe, FnZ, Joseph L'Étranger & Murda Beatz

Favorite parts are the background vocals from the second chorus on. Her voice is a little thin, a cross between Normani and Tinashe, with a little Beyoncé. Fun song tho

j.fco.morales