• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Britney Spears Thread - BRITNEY IS FREE 11/12/21

Started by melodicmoonlight, July 12, 2016, 08:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 25, 2021, 07:07:44 PM
I think Britney would do great with Matman and Robin. They get GREAT vocals from her.

And back in the day, she was REALLY into weird and avantgarde producers and stuff but her staff never let her do that stuff.
She worked with Moby, BT, James Murphy, Missy Elliott & Timbaland, Guy Sigsworth and some of the weirdest production by Bloodshy & Avant.

I would mind if she works with Dr Luke and Max again, Skrillex, Benny Blanco or any of the Wolf Cousins.
And definitely try some hyperpop stuff. I don't know if any of you knows about that.

I wouldn't mind a feature with Megan Thee Stallion or Doja Cat or Saweetie.
I would book sessions with Charli XCX, Kim Petras and Aaron Joseph, Julia Michaels, Starrah and some people who's not doing strictly pop but their stuff has pop appeal.

But first of all: I would ask her what does she envision about the project. And totally would not go into a project like Rainbow by Kesha: a whole album based on the struggle.

I LOVE the collab ideas you mentioned. A female collab album or project would be soooo sick - Doja, Charli XCX, Kim. Her doing hyper pop or some extension of pop other than what she's normally done sounds like heaven. How I Roll glitchy B&A type stuff. So here for it.

Also agree with you on your point about veering away from a soppy Head Above Water or Rainbow album for sure. Maybe one song, if that, about her struggles, but I think she (And we'd) rather get lost in the pop fantasy and get a fully fleshed out world, in the way Britney used to do visually with her albums.

Helluvafella

Quote from: getawaydriver on July 06, 2021, 12:51:03 AM
Courtney Love singing "Lucky". As she puts it, it's written by "those fantastic, old Swedish people-gentlemen" ;D.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQ4aongKzTT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Wow, I never knew that one could butcher a perfect pop song that much 😂

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on June 25, 2021, 07:07:44 PM
I think Britney would do great with Matman and Robin. They get GREAT vocals from her.

And back in the day, she was REALLY into weird and avantgarde producers and stuff but her staff never let her do that stuff.
She worked with Moby, BT, James Murphy, Missy Elliott & Timbaland, Guy Sigsworth and some of the weirdest production by Bloodshy & Avant.

I would mind if she works with Dr Luke and Max again, Skrillex, Benny Blanco or any of the Wolf Cousins.
And definitely try some hyperpop stuff. I don't know if any of you knows about that.

I wouldn't mind a feature with Megan Thee Stallion or Doja Cat or Saweetie.
I would book sessions with Charli XCX, Kim Petras and Aaron Joseph, Julia Michaels, Starrah and some people who's not doing strictly pop but their stuff has pop appeal.

But first of all: I would ask her what does she envision about the project. And totally would not go into a project like Rainbow by Kesha: a whole album based on the struggle.

I would love to hear Slayyyter's eponymous mixtape completely interpreted by Britney Spears.
Vila i frid Dag

Tano87

Quote from: getawaydriver on August 05, 2021, 07:21:01 AM
Cute little story Josh Schwartz told on this podcast about Britney hiding from Max and Rami while recording "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" (timestamp is 17:14).

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/episode/4dmdGu9MAntH8WZS5LmrlZ?si=RgSrj1UORmOb-nFplxVYMQ&dl_branch=1[/spotify]

Ahahah wondering if he knows any of the story about Bombastic Love alternate version...but Cheiron team won't be up for this kind of interviews even if I saw Rami way more involved in these kind of stuff.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: getawaydriver on August 16, 2021, 07:05:45 AM
[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/2BGzAca8KlGQAfk8fqpZaO?si=uCK2dMg5QZuSYslxLSVhnQ&dl_branch=1[/spotify]

Any of y'all heard this? It kinda slaps, not gonna lie, haha.

Not until now. It's a little too on the nose for me. Those references she names are a bit cringey for my tastes.  :-X

It's one thing to pay homage to an icon, but to recall a year for her that was particularly traumatizing reads as a bit tone deaf. The lyrics "I feel like Britney in 2007/After divorcing Kevin" is just offensive tbh

j.fco.morales

Well, she was looking for some attention and she got that though...

j.fco.morales

Trip to your heart is one of my fave songs from Femme Fatale.

Great project but she was a zombie through that period.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 09, 2021, 03:34:32 AM
Trip to your heart is one of my fave songs from Femme Fatale.

Great project but she was a zombie through that period.

Ironic since that was some of her most high octane, pure electro pop she's done all her career. Musically, I love the album and production. It was so polished and Britney-esque. Almost fitting that she was zombie-ish and phoning it in back then..: makes the era all the more mysterious

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: getawaydriver on November 09, 2021, 03:35:47 PM
It's sad to think from Blackout onwards she was in pain and hated nearly every minute of making and promoting those albums. There was something about the Femme Fatale era especially where you could tell she had completely disassociated and was just this shell of a human. She was traumatized. It's hard to watch performances from that era, you can just tell she would rather be anywhere but there.

100%. It's pretty sad that she just kept doing it because she felt there was no other option. I'm glad she's in a better place now and it's cool to think her next project, whenever that may be, will be a genuine continuation of Blackout in terms of having full creative control, free of the conservatorship constraints. Makes you wonder if she'll write/sing about it. Or if we'll get a super zany, creative record that's more in line with the Mmm Papi and How I Rolls.

j.fco.morales

You know what? I don't think she will release any music anytime soon.

She needs some rest, live her live and do whatever she wants in order to be healthy and happy.
She was very commited to her project back in the day and I can't wait for her to be at 100% doing what she loves. After I heard the leaked audio she sounded very in charge and I love that.

I can wait and I think everyone can wait until she decides what she wants to do after years and years of being trapped and abused.

melodicmoonlight

I don't think she will either but later down the line is what I'm referring to. I don't believe she will quit music altogether.

Tano87

I think she's going to make something...we'll have a new single after conservatorship to say thanks to her fans, for what we did for her then I think she'll retire but at the same time I don't know if she will ever retire...this should be the right moment to retire...but I don't know.
My thought about it are complicated to express is English (I'm italian).

bugmenot

Leaked Dance Your Fuck Off was co-written by Max Martin and Vargas and Lagola

Snipes3000

Oh can you please upload and share it here it because it has been removed?
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?