• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kim Petras Official Thread

Started by melodicmoonlight, August 04, 2017, 08:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

yep Max is not on Instagram but Kim herself tweeted that Max is involved in the song.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on September 15, 2022, 03:34:47 AM
That's what dies the longer they wait to release it. At least the pre-saves will help it once it's put out next week.

Well... haha

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on October 04, 2022, 12:40:03 PM
TikTok is way too powerful these days, I'm glad for Kim, I don't think this would be a radio hit though.

Kids don't listen to radio anymore. That's for boomers.
Only streaming services. Even my dad listen has his playlists haha

I never imagined it would blow so much. At October 6th, the official video has 7.2m views, only 6 days after being released and 13 days with the song officially available.

Snipes3000

Kids do listen to radio, but in a different way though. Think about shopping in a mall, sitting in a bar, the radio is still often played in places where they do the regular things in life. So, radio still influences the taste of kids, albeit in a much less influental way than in the era pre streaming.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

nanofives

I think reading numbers from YouTube and Spotify is naive in some way, we know that YouTube is in its downfall from a few years ago, we can see that because music videos used to have 10 million views a day and now that's only reserved for Indian and kpop debuts. Spotify grew a lot, but it didn't replace YouTube's success.
TikTok and reels are the real deal here, that's where hit songs are headed.

Snipes3000

Experts who decide what the hits are among the masses agree that TikTok and Reels are the way to go. They are slighlty concerned that the superstar is fading to the background, because songs get popular while you are watching some person's video using a song of the superstar. And we don't get to see who the person behind the song is.

Youtube is also victim of bot views and thus the numbers are not always reliable. Take a look at kworb.net. It's a nice source of a bunch of databases collected in one place. You can use it to measure how popular a song actually is in specific regions.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

BCH2003

We finally have an official release date for "If Jesus was a Rockstar" as it will be coming out on November 11th one week from today.

https://twitter.com/kimpetras/status/1587170736602595328

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: BCH2003 on November 01, 2022, 01:00:25 PM
We finally have an official release date for "If Jesus was a Rockstar" as it will be coming out on November 11th one week from today.

https://twitter.com/kimpetras/status/1587170736602595328

Finally. I don't think the song will blow up but I'm still excited for new Kim music. Especially Max and Ilya team

melodicmoonlight

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/2FVxHTXY9Ns9RasjDXOYVq?si=e8416a5d663a426a[/spotify]

Written by Ilya, Kim Petras, Max Martin, Omer Fedi, Peter Svensson, Savan Kotecha
Produced by Max Martin, Ilya, Omer Fedi

nanofives

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on November 11, 2022, 10:25:16 AM
[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/2FVxHTXY9Ns9RasjDXOYVq?si=e8416a5d663a426a[/spotify]

Written by Ilya, Kim Petras, Max Martin, Omer Fedi, Peter Svensson, Savan Kotecha
Produced by Max Martin, Ilya, Omer Fedi

Sounds like some leftover from Max's "It's Alive" band years turned into a mid 10s B-side.

RaulSwedishpop

j.fco.morales

It didn't to anything to me at first listen. I don't like the references at all.

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 15, 2022, 05:02:05 AM
It didn't to anything to me at first listen. I don't like the references at all.
It would be career suicide to release a song like that especially with a religious figure as the title. I don't know who to point the finger for who came up with it.. a better title would have been "if I was a rockstar".