• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

RedOne

Started by Raul_esp, November 07, 2008, 12:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

This is like the korean pop scene: lots of people doing different things in a full marketed group.

turnaround

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Quote from: turnaround on August 10, 2018, 12:08:45 AM
By RedOne, I think the whole album.

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1ExvMPFzyfuDcN6TqLRr2r?si=emJ2cZbpQR6WC-nwRc9vUQ[/spotify]

Great vocals overall and some interesting songs, but I don't feel he's the right producer for these type of songs.
Too plastic. This guy needs organic stuff, classic arragements.

nanofives

I agree, with time RedOne reduced his range of artists he can work with. Something similar happened the last time he worked with Lady Gaga, not feeling it.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on August 11, 2018, 08:26:58 PM
I agree, with time RedOne reduced his range of artists he can work with. Something similar happened the last time he worked with Lady Gaga, not feeling it.

Having lots of producers in Nashville doing great stuff for a quarter of the money they spent on RedOne's plastic sounding productions... or maybe, I don't know TMS, Steve Mac, Julian Bonetta -he did great with Niall Horan- or maybe one or two songs with Greg Kurstin.

Such a waste of money.

melodicmoonlight

j.fco.morales

Quote from: getawaydriver on July 17, 2021, 09:36:48 AM
He seems to be enjoying just doing his own thing working with more international artists, I don't think he cares about the charts or having hits that much right now. But he did have "Kings & Queens" by Ava Max last year and that song was a pretty moderately-sized hit!

I will also say his production style is... well, a bit outdated for 2021. I think there's an obvious reason A&Rs and labels no longer go to him like they used to, he hasn't done anything fresh-sounding in years and his sound has always been cheap, trashy-in-a-good-way 2000s dance-pop. There's not really a huge market for that style of pop music in Top 40 at the moment, at least definitely not like there was in the late aughts / early 10s.

I agree.

melodicmoonlight

Speaking of RedOne, I'm currently revisiting Brandy's amazing 2008 album "Human," listening to the songs and going through their respective credits. I never realized he produced the song "True" and co-wrote along with Claude Kelly (whose demo is on Youtube).

[SPOTIFY]https://open.spotify.com/track/2SyIKmkscivKWZRQAsF5tF?si=2b4ccceaf44443bb[/SPOTIFY]

Beautiful soaring melody which also reminds me of a song RedOne later produced for the boy band Midnight Red: Nothing Lasts Forever. (I couldn't find it on Spotify)

Snipes3000

Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

Brandy has so many good songs but that album is like, a mess.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: getawaydriver on July 17, 2021, 09:36:48 AM
He seems to be enjoying just doing his own thing working with more international artists, I don't think he cares about the charts or having hits that much right now. But he did have "Kings & Queens" by Ava Max last year and that song was a pretty moderately-sized hit!

I will also say his production style is... well, a bit outdated for 2021. I think there's an obvious reason A&Rs and labels no longer go to him like they used to, he hasn't done anything fresh-sounding in years and his sound has always been cheap, trashy-in-a-good-way 2000s dance-pop. There's not really a huge market for that style of pop music in Top 40 at the moment, at least definitely not like there was in the late aughts / early 10s.
His sound is dated for 2021 I agree but it definitely is not trashy and cheap nope, I disagree. He makes perfect productions and killer/catchy hooks, quite frankly I believe he saved pop music when Max ditched it to pop/rock.

nanofives

I agree he's cheap, but he has very on point hooks all the time. RedOne songs are often the hardest to get out of my mind, no matter the era, I was checking the other day at my most played songs of all time and I still have Samantha J's Baby Love and Stanaj's The way I love her, those songs have very infectious hooks.
I wish he explored more his latin side with Sofia, which is a song that doesn't resonate at all with the rest of his discography, but even when he dug deeper with Alvaro Soler he returned to his "RedOne formula" with La Cintura, which is not a song I'd prefer from him.
He also didn't surround himself with good co-producers, AJ Junior, The Chief, Alex P and T.I. Jakke were all very bland producers which only shined when they worked with RedOne.

j.fco.morales

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/6Avndj1UPQLwR2qqzDwZBc?si=6e24492ccc244d45[/spotify]

Sound wise, this is the song that started everything. With all respect, he didn't have a "sound" until Whine Up became popular.

And I think it was a luck: he got to work with Lady Gaga, who at the time was a struggling recording artist. She was dropped from Def Jam and began dating Rob Fusari -Whitney Houston, Destiny's Child- who sent the stuff they did together to Vincent Herbert -Tamar Braxton's ex husband- and Akon heard those songs. Akon convinced Jimmy Iovine -head of Interscope Records- to get a contract for her through one of the many Interscope imprints which Akon himself ran. And Gaga and Akon didn't work together again before she became big. Why is that? Looks like she didn't have many options to work with before she had a hit.

He seems like a cool guy but I guess, career wise he wasn't wise.

Snipes3000

Yeah and that album with Kat Deluna was really well produced, something made with passion imo. Compare Backstreet Boys Incomplete with Kat Deluna's Love Me Leave Me. It's the same song in part but different credits.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

Freakazoid

Quote from: getawaydriver on July 24, 2021, 10:54:24 PM
Some RedOne tracks I've been revisiting recently.

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/214HQDuJ3oBLtmygF2M3Ze?si=572a936dbb8841d0[/spotify]

Omg I used to be a huge fan of Kinnda !
She's now married to one of the Swedish House Mafia member and she also been writing hits lately !