• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin songs inspired by other songs

Started by ununtitled, October 17, 2014, 06:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ununtitled

I think part of Max Martin's enormous success is based on his ability to write songs we feel we've heard before.
It would be cool if we could make a list of songs that has the same vibe or are musically linked in some way.

Here's a couple of songs written by Max Martin that I feel have the same vibe or inspired by another song:

Maroon 5 - Maps ---> The Police - Message In A Bottle/ Sting - Englishman In New York

P!nk - Slut Like You ---> Blur - Song 2

Any other suggestions?

sweetmelody

Do you mean "One More Night" rather than "Maps"?

ununtitled

Listen to the drums, guitar riff, the vibe of the melody - Very Message In A Bottle if you ask me

ununtitled

Britney Spears - Oops!... I did it again could be Barbara Streisand -  Woman In Love (Chorus)

ununtitled

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off ---> Quincy Jones - Soul Bossa Nova ?

rhythmic5

J_A24

Yeah, many of his song have that gimmicky feel. But it's broader than Max, it's essential part of pop music; Familiarity.

Rex

Shake it off uses a similar hat as in happy - Pharrell. Ariana Grande - Problem and C & C Music factory - Everybody dance now