• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Does Max & Co write lyrics?

Started by Romb, April 29, 2015, 07:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romb

Do they?

I know that it depends. Sometimes artists write their own lyrics (and even their own toplines, like P!nk), but the latest interview with Shellback where he shows his demo of "Moves Like Jagger" actually made me think...it was his idea for that line. Not the whole lyrics though, but the main line was his.

I know that there are special people who actually suffer to write lyrics for strictly defined melody, so that it perfectly fits the topline.
Now I'm wondering, back in old Cheiron days did Max and Rami, for example, write lyrics for BSB and Britney? Or any other artists?

It cracks me up to think how fellas would write "I'm Not a Girl Not Yet a Woman" lyrics though  :D

Jules

Andreas Carlsson was hired as a lyricist for CHEIRON.

Rebecca

I think yes, of course they wrote lyrics. When you see credits eg Max and Rami, then one of them would have written the lyrics, not sure who wrote more. Same when it's just with Max & Denniz.
I think that Herbie Crichlow also wrote a lot of lyrics.

For "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet a Woman", Dido has a songwriting credit as Max & Rami phoned her and asked her to help with the lyrics.

turnaround

Still amazed how Jörgen wrote songs like "Girl in the mirror" and other songs all by himself. They have such a girly plot.
And I liked it..

Romb

Quote from: turnaround on April 29, 2015, 01:10:24 PM
Still amazed how Jörgen wrote songs like "Girl in the mirror" and other songs all by himself. They have such a girly plot.

That's what I was thinking...I mean...damn, I hear Britney say "I can relate to these songs so much" while the whole story is written by the hairy viking Swedes  :)

j.fco.morales

Haha, because these dudes are so emotional.
Everyone's good at something, isn't it?