• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Love golden-age Max Martin – hate his recent stuff

Started by clabbelito, August 16, 2008, 01:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clabbelito

Am I the only one here who only loves the classic, golden-age Cheiron sound - but hates what he's done the last couple of years?

Most of his recent stuff sounds just like everything else. In the early days he created someting unique...

Rebecca

I love the golden age Cheiron-sound the best, but I don't hate the new stuff, I love the new stuff, but, I usually end up playing the old music more.

I sort of know what you mean when you say this new music sounds like everything else, but the songs are still better than other similar music and still stand out to me.

I often think that something like Avril Lavigne's 'My Happy Ending' (I love that song), which I think is a similar sound to the new Max, is just as good as some new Max songs.
However, the golden-age Cheiron is almost untouchable and other songwriters, that I can think of, were not able to copy that sound successfully.

Saying all that I love both Max's - old and new!

clabbelito

I guess I'm not a big fan of that type of music in general.

I loved the funkiness of many of the golden-age Cheiron songs. It's a shame that sound went out of vogue.

Wouldn't it be great if they could have modernized it in some way?

Raul_esp

I think that the new max is very good but the old cherion is amazing , I think that nobody will level this kind of music never .

ahmed

Quote from: clabbelito on August 16, 2008, 01:14:08 PM
Am I the only one here who only loves the classic, golden-age Cheiron sound - but hates what he's done the last couple of years?

Most of his recent stuff sounds just like everything else. In the early days he created someting unique...

agree with every word you said

Feelgoodlies

Oh well, I LOVVVED the old Cheiron actually, and LIKE the new stuff, but "clabbelito"  I didn't get what you mean by saying "Most of his recent stuff sounds just like everything else", do you mean his music sounds like others' music?, If so, I have to disagree, because even in the new sound Max (along with Dr.Luke) created their unique flavour actually, I haven't heard anything like that before, however, if you meant his music sounds similar, in that case I will say most of old cheiron songs sounded the same[musically].

clabbelito

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on August 17, 2008, 10:06:07 PMI didn't get what you mean by saying "Most of his recent stuff sounds just like everything else", do you mean his music sounds like others' music?

Yes, this is what I meant. Nowadays, whenever I find out a song was produced by MM I get sursprised, just cause it sounds like every other mainstream, major-label, teen rawk/angst song out there.

*Sabine*

Quote from: Rebecca on August 16, 2008, 01:33:24 PM
I love the golden age Cheiron-sound the best, but I don't hate the new stuff, I love the new stuff, but, I usually end up playing the old music more.

I sort of know what you mean when you say this new music sounds like everything else, but the songs are still better than other similar music and still stand out to me.

I often think that something like Avril Lavigne's 'My Happy Ending' (I love that song), which I think is a similar sound to the new Max, is just as good as some new Max songs.
However, the golden-age Cheiron is almost untouchable and other songwriters, that I can think of, were not able to copy that sound successfully.

Saying all that I love both Max's - old and new!

I completely agree with you Rebecca. Cheiron is the best ever for me and will never be topped. Maratone is also very good and I like everything except maybe stuff like Carolina Liar. And it's funny because the first time I heard Avril's My Happy Ending, I also thought instantly Max was behind it! :P Maratone's style is maybe less unique and can be imitated more easily but I guess Max took the right initative by closing Cheiron. I don't think the Cheiron sound would be successful right now, that's actually an interesting topic to discuss... I've always wondered what would happen if an establised artist, like Britney, released a new album with Cheiron style. Britney's sales have declined, even before all her problems... But do you think it's linked to her change of music? maybe people wanted to hear the same sound but she also gained new fans with this new sound, more mature and sexy she said.