• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ellie Goulding - Burn and Halcyon Days

Started by Joshua, November 02, 2012, 11:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 26, 2013, 12:22:32 AM
Halo is an amazing song, in every way. And Beyoncé really delivers it, she did a great job taking to a next level vocally.
I think I would die instantly if Max calls me.

Imagine if he rang to let you know he thought your song was the worst of the year!

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on August 26, 2013, 03:13:34 PM
Imagine if he rang to let you know he thought your song was the worst of the year!

lmao ;D you're in a good mood today :D
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Joshua on August 26, 2013, 03:13:34 PM

Can anyone be so mean and do something like that? :)

The swedes are TOO polite, almost boring.

B Steady

Meanwhile I like the whole album ( as always :D )

Bought the deluxe re issue ( 28 songs for 10 €  8) )

This album is just like an own world with an unique atmosphere where you can lose yourself :)
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on October 15, 2013, 09:35:12 PM
Meanwhile I like the whole album ( as always :D )

Bought the deluxe re issue ( 28 songs for 10 €  8) )

This album is just like an own world with an unique atmosphere where you can lose yourself :)

Nice to see it grew on you. I've only got the original release, but I know what you mean by it having a unique atmosphere. When I bought it I was on a bit of a downer, and I think that made me appreciate it so much more.

j.fco.morales

Did you like the new songs?
I don't get Burn, but I love that Greg Kurstin' produced song so much...

B Steady

Burn and Hearts Without Chains (Fraser T. Smith) are the outstanding tracks from the whole Halcyon Days album but apart from that the CD1 songs are the better ones, especially the first two songs!!!

Btw Burn is produced by Greg Kurstin too!? And for some reason his name is even on the back cover :o "Burn - produced by Greg Kurstin". I don't know why but he's the only producer who is mentioned on the back cover.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on October 22, 2013, 04:13:10 PM
Burn and Hearts Without Chains (Fraser T. Smith) are the outstanding tracks from the whole Halcyon Days album but apart from that the CD1 songs are the better ones, especially the first two songs!!!

Btw Burn is produced by Greg Kurstin too!? And for some reason his name is even on the back cover :o "Burn - produced by Greg Kurstin". I don't know why but he's the only producer who is mentioned on the back cover.

I don't like Ellie going too pop. And the song I love is Goodness Gracious, those synths!
I don't like Fraser T. Smith that much, he did an amazing job on Adele's 21 and Clare Maguire debut, but he doesn't have high standards, it's like one great song and four average ones.

I loved the work of Mima Stilwell and Jim Eliot on Halcyon: My Blood and Only You are amazing and Anything Could Happen is a grower for sure. They also worked with Will Young and Kylie Minogue on a couple a really good tracks.

Greg Kurstin is the protegeé of the A&R head of a big label, I'm not really sure if Greg Wells is that person.
So that's the reason Greg Kurstin is producing so much stuff with A-list US artists since 2011: Kelly Clarkson, P!nk, Ke$ha, Devo, Foster The People, Katy Perry, Tegan & Sara...

His production style fits with the current pop/rock sound, so he's producing a lot of stuff nowadays.

B Steady

Haven't heard of Jim Eliot before this album but he did an amazing on Halcyon Days! He's got a very unique sound!
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on October 22, 2013, 05:59:57 PM
Haven't heard of Jim Eliot before this album but he did an amazing on Halcyon Days! He's got a very unique sound!

He wrote and produced Two Hearts and All the Lovers by Kylie Minogue along her wife Jemima.
And they also work together as a band, their name is Kish Mauve and they're amazing: one of Kish Mauve's song -Come On- ended up being the second single of Will Young's Echoes and lead them to write almost half of the album, which was produced by Richard X and Pascal Gabriel.

Check this out:
http://www.sosogay.co.uk/2011/interview-jim-eliot/

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on October 22, 2013, 06:46:21 PM
Wait. Kylie has a wife?

LOL, HIS wife!! Jim's wife.
;D

I wouldn't mind if Kylie had a wife actually.

J_A24

She has a track on the new Hunger Games soundtrack called "The Mirror" which was produced by Billboard. Here's the snippet:

https://soundcloud.com/universalrepublic/ellie-goulding-mirror-the

Raul_esp

Quote from: J_A24 on November 08, 2013, 05:12:40 PM
She has a track on the new Hunger Games soundtrack called "The Mirror" which was produced by Billboard. Here's the snippet:

https://soundcloud.com/universalrepublic/ellie-goulding-mirror-the

It sounds great.