• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Bonnie McKee "American Girl"

Started by turnaround, December 29, 2012, 05:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Fleischman

Funny, because that song is the complete opposite of what you said for me. I really like the production, the backing track but I can't hear the interesting melodies.

Rex

Well, this song is not the case, but in American Girl the production was pretty weak and generic, for example.

j.fco.morales

Actually, I think American Girl is a really good song but it doesn't suit her style.

And I wouldn't say that about producers, actually I think it's a direction problem.
That's why this is not working.

I didn't know she was released from her contract with Epic last year.

turnaround

She released the new EP without a label. I had to support her and to buy it.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Believe me, after cowriting these huge global hit songs, she's not poor.

Dr. Fleischman

Quote from: j.fco.morales on May 30, 2015, 10:58:21 PM
I think it's a direction problem.
That's why this is not working.
What direction would you see for her?

I would say that she's hot as hell but hey...the lady is thirtysomething acting like she's twentysomething.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on June 01, 2015, 12:11:54 PM
What direction would you see for her?

I would say that she's hot as hell but hey...the lady is thirtysomething acting like she's twentysomething.

She's amazingly hot.
I'd suggest her to keep it as a songwriter or stop the full pop thing.
She's really into fashion and trends and she could do some things really interesting with her image: maybe to tone down her image and stop singing in a higher register.
Everything is so over the top and seems forced to me.

I'm excited about a the song she recorded with Major Lazer, for example.

Romb

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on June 01, 2015, 12:11:54 PM
...the lady is thirtysomething acting like she's twentysomething.

Well, what to say about Avril Lavigne then? :)
I think the main audience is people under 30, or even less, so that's why they want to fit that age and not seem old for younger generation.

Dr. Fleischman

Quote from: Romb on June 02, 2015, 02:12:23 AM
Well, what to say about Avril Lavigne then? :)
It's a good example - she didn't have a major hit since 2010.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on June 02, 2015, 07:31:55 PM
It's a good example - she didn't have a major hit since 2010.

And that was with Mr. Martin  8)

melodicmoonlight

turnaround

EP is now available worldwide. Not a single song as good as "American Girl". But overall a nice teaser for the hopefully upcoming album. (With Max songs  ::))
And I liked it..

B Steady

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on June 24, 2015, 07:23:36 PM
Sampler of her EP coming out next week:

https://soundcloud.com/jusesuxx/sets/bonnie-mckee-bombastic-ep

Easy sounds excellent.

unfortunately that's the only song I like from the EP but EASY is really brilliant!
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Bonnie being honest about her careeer.

In some ways, "Bombastic" takes me back to the raw sound of your debut LP from 2004.
You know, my first album is so painful for me to listen to.

Why is that?
I really can't even handle it. It just came from a really dark time in my life. It was also before I had been touched by any of the industry songwriting rules — I hadn't worked with Max Martin or Dr. Luke yet, so I didn't know the songwriting rules. It was just my raw teenage instinct, so there are a lot of mistakes on it. When I listen to it I'm like, "Why did I do it that way?", if I'd written now I would have done it so differently.

http://www.idolator.com/7598858/bonnie-mckee-interview-bombastic-ep