• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kesha Sues Dr. Luke, Alleges Sexual Assault & Forced Drug/Alcohol Use

Started by j.fco.morales, October 14, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugmenot

Dr. Luke Sues Ke$ha's Lawyer For Lady Gaga's Rape Tweets
Record producer Dr. Luke filed a defamation case against Kesha's attorney after the latter accused him of raping Lady Gaga.

Dr Luke has never been alone with [Lady Gaga], has never touched her and has met her only twice for very brief periods of time,"  The Guardian reported.

A representative of Lady Gaga also denied the allegations. "The Dr. Luke lawsuit is utterly incomprehensible. This simply isn't true and how dare someone take advantage of such a sensitive matter," the rep said.

The lawyer stood by his claim and declared that he was telling the truth. The attorney revealed that he wants Lady Gaga to testify in Kesha's case against Dr. Luke.
The record producer reportedly abused three other women, who are all ready to be witnesses.

Rebecca

Quote from: sweetmelody on December 11, 2014, 02:59:25 AM
So if Gaga was pretty then it'd be OK to rape her?  :o

yeah, for sure, rape has nothing to do with if someone is pretty or not.

But agree that Kesha's attorney should not have lied and said that it was Dr Luke. I'm glad that Lady Gaga's representative has denied this.

ihavemorales

Rape is no joke, but I know the situation, and this is really unfair for Doctor Luke. They had a consensual relationship at one point and he broke it off when he signed her. Her mother is a nutcase and even she knows it. Surprised the Doc hasn't filed a restraining order.

bugmenot

j.fco.morales

I'm not sure about this, but if you file a lawsuit in California, it rules by the laws in that state...

Voodoo

I know this is a discussion board but can we just cooool it?!!! Why give this subject any more energy when the truth is NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING. Let the courts have the battle and lets stick to talking about music, production, and positive things that we DO know about

Rebecca

I think this Kesha lawsuit is fascinating. It's very interesting to hear that Kesha may have had a relationship with Dr Luke, big age difference, but it does not surprise me.

RoyFan

Another interesting facet of this, at least to me is:

From the first time I saw him interviewed and from other various sources which describe how he is with some artists in the studio, and things he did as a teenager (I helped edit a book that mentions him amongst other new music makers) - I perceived something surly/sarcastic about him beyond the typical narcissism that one sees in that business. 

Whereas with Max, though there are tales of how controlling he is with singers in the studio, which probably can't be fun for the singers,  OVERALL I perceived something much kinder/sincere/humble at his core, though he has every right to be 100 times the prick that Luke comes off as.

So for me, what will be most interesting if we hopefully ever find out details here:  Is not a question of "if" but "how much" -  To WHAT degree is he like that. 

It seems like all the really great musicians are very emotional beings, so when they're warmer/nicer (Max) it shines through, and when they're not, they may try to hide it a bit but it also comes through.  Luke, at least to me, seems to have a bit of a ruthless drive (and I'm happy about that to the extent that his drive has contributed good music to the soundtrack of my life) , as opposed to other successful ones who are driven with a real hard work ethic.

RoyFan

and by the last sentence, I didn't mean that Luke doesn't work hard himself :-)

Rebecca

Interesting RoyFan. I agree, Dr Luke does seem to have more of a ruthless drive, especially in a business sense. I'll be interested to hear the outcome too. Are you able to tell us what book you helped edit?

bugmenot

Kesha's Birthday Card to Dr. Luke Added to Defamation Lawsuit

"You just keep getting hotter every year" -- and includes a handwritten note from Kesha which starts with the words ... "To the FOXXY-est producer EVER! Thank you 4 helping me make my WILDEST dreams come true!" She closes with a gushing, "I LOVE YOU!"

Also in the docs --  emails Luke  got from Kesha's mother: "I hope you know, as much as you have been there for Kesha and me, that we will always be there for you, as family, and friends, if you need anything."

RoyFan

Please everybody don't kill me for saying this - but honestly I really think that card (amongst other things) might clinch it for his side

Yes there are people who suffer quietly after being victimized.  But it's rare that someone is soooooo nice considering something SO INSIDIOUS is lurking underneath - impossible? No..but rare - and courts
often go with "likelihood" for better or worse - that's how it works - especially in cases when there's no absolute barometers , hard core empirical truths

The ONLY thing you might be able to say is that her and her Mom are Sooooooo Concerned about being Politically Correct or Polite that they felt that they had to write the card.

But again, they went Above and Beyond being pedestrian polite -  Yes everyone suffers in their own way.  Is it possible that they're constituted psychologically in such a guilt ridden matter
as to TOTALLY sweep it under the rug and be sooooo nice..yea it's POSSIBLE...but not very likely.. there's a REASON his lawyer advised him to reveal that card

And if anyone disagrees I'd love to hear  - please do so thoughtfully and respectfully - like I wote this - there was a guy last time I posted on this thread that was super judgemental

RoyFan

and a follow up to my own follow up :-)   This also kind of seems to give the impression (maybe not truth, but the impression)  that their attitude comes and goes like style.  When it's good for them to be nice to him they are.  And when he poses a threat or inconvenience, they change their tune.  Not a good thing for a court case.

bugmenot

And if Kesha is soft-mental and was victimized, her mother wasn't.

#bingo