• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kesha Sues Dr. Luke, Alleges Sexual Assault & Forced Drug/Alcohol Use

Started by j.fco.morales, October 14, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonnyblack2000

Kesha loses any which way. She gets out of her contract good luck finding a-list producers interested in working with her. She stays locked in and they will shelve her. I think it might be affecting dr luke business though, a trial is stressful to go through and really sucks the inspiration out of you.

sweetmelody

Wow, a lot of hate here for Luke. Unless you guys have some kind of first hand info, not sure why you're jumping to conclusions. If Dr. Luke did what Kesha said he did, then sure, vilify him. But why are you so sure he's guilty? Cause if he's not guilty, what he's doing now is EXACTLY what any innocent person in his position SHOULD do.

Rebecca

Yes, George you are right, it will be settled once they go to trial, hopefully it's not dragged out forever.

I actually don't think that Dr Luke raped her. It's just too extreme.

Agree, this has not helped Dr Luke's career, he's barely had a hit.

I don't hate Dr Luke. I'm in the middle. Yes, let's wait for the trial.

sweetmelody

Quote from: georg_e on October 31, 2015, 04:13:20 AM
           ^    ^    ^
   The word "hate" is such a cliche. It doesn't figure into my own thinking. Have you LOOKED at Twitter recently and typed in the name Dr. Luke? THAT'S hate, some of it quite frightening.  Not into that.

Anyway, as for me, I actually called on people in the Forum to send him our SUPPORT when Kesha kids were calling for his head for calling her fat. Guess what: no one responded.

But then came Kesha's lawsuit.

I don't like people who threaten girls by saying they'll ruin them, threaten their families etc. For me, that's even more despicable than even the accused crime. And why am I so sure?  Simple: unless Kesha is A.) extremely stupid, which doesn't seem likely, or B.) a pathological liar (also unlikely) it defies logic that she would put herself in this position, risk everything -- for.......what, exactly? 

So you can call it "hate" if you like, but I see a young woman with the courage to go up against a powerful man and a powerful machine because she's sick of putting up with abusive treatment, and wants OUT of the situation.....so yeah:

I'm 100% on her side.

But how are you so sure her claims are legit? Unless you have some kind of inside info?

sweetmelody

Quote from: Rebecca on October 31, 2015, 07:31:47 AM
Yes, George you are right, it will be settled once they go to trial, hopefully it's not dragged out forever.

I actually don't think that Dr Luke raped her. It's just too extreme.

Agree, this has not helped Dr Luke's career, he's barely had a hit.

I don't hate Dr Luke. I'm in the middle. Yes, let's wait for the trial.

I'm in the middle as well. I've personally heard stories about both sides that are negative, but I don't know what the truth is in this matter. I've seen artists lie to try to get out of contracts before. I've seen people in Luke's position do horrible things to their artists. But whether or not Luke did what Kesha is claiming, no one knows the truth. I don't understand how people are jumping to conclusions about this. Just because they are public figures doesn't make that okay. These are people's lives and reputations. Unfortunately word travels very fast on the Internet and is sometimes taken for gospel. I think it's irresponsible to pick a side with 100% certainty without having actual information besides what someone is claiming in a lawsuit. Not sure if you guys know this, but in America you can pretty much sue anyone for anything. Doesn't make those claims legit.

Let's wait until this plays out in the courts before we jump to conclusions.

sweetmelody

J_A24

Quote from: sweetmelody on November 01, 2015, 01:01:06 AM
I'm in the middle as well. I've personally heard stories about both sides that are negative, but I don't know what the truth is in this matter. I've seen artists lie to try to get out of contracts before. I've seen people in Luke's position do horrible things to their artists. But whether or not Luke did what Kesha is claiming, no one knows the truth. I don't understand how people are jumping to conclusions about this. Just because they are public figures doesn't make that okay. These are people's lives and reputations. Unfortunately word travels very fast on the Internet and is sometimes taken for gospel. I think it's irresponsible to pick a side with 100% certainty without having actual information besides what someone is claiming in a lawsuit. Not sure if you guys know this, but in America you can pretty much sue anyone for anything. Doesn't make those claims legit.

Let's wait until this plays out in the courts before we jump to conclusions.

Very well said, agreed.

sand_bar

does anyone know if Dr. Luke is too much of a liability for Max Martin to work with?

turnaround

That's what I really wonder too. Will be interesting if they re-unite any time soon.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Yes, I wonder the same. Max hasn't worked with Dr Luke in ages.
I also wonder if maybe it's the reason Katy Perry won't be working with Dr Luke on her next album (I think).

j.fco.morales

Luke has an exclusive contract with Sony, he shouldn't work with people from other labels.
Actually, they made an exception about working with Katy, who's in Capitol.

Luke also signed a joint venture between Big Machine and Prescription Songs... but I don't know what happened with that.

I think he's focused on the business.
Max is doing the same with Wolf Cousins, mostly supervising the projects.

Rebecca

It was hard to take all of that in. Hopefully they can decide soon. But I do have to wonder, if she was so abused by Dr Luke, why did she work with him/sign that contract? was she so under his spell and so desperate to be famous?

bugmenot

I can't wait for court decision so I can legally call Kesha a liar.

That doc in link is even worse than papers from previous year and more obvious screaming the whole company is faked to get money.

1. They didn't quoted real answer from Sony
QuoteThe letters in response indicated Sony believe...

2. Such beautiful phrases for official document.
Quotea grave risk of irreparable harm,  idly and passively wait as her career tick-tocks away

3. It's illogical.
QuoteKesha is therefore legally free to work with anyone. But she cannot do so because other record labels are aware that Dr. Luke intend to enforce the exclusivity provisions.

J_A24

If I was Kesha, I'd just release a bunch of free music on soundcloud.

Just like these guys did:

https://soundcloud.com/lechaucollective

:P

But seriously, Luke's never gonna give in when his name was dragged on the mud by Kesha. Wether the accusations by Kesha regarding abuse and rape are true or not, the smart thing would've been separating personal life from business, and it's baffling her team didn't go that way. Would've been easier to prosecute Luke for the other stuff if she had separated both aspects of the conflict.

Rebecca

Quote from: J_A24 on November 03, 2015, 05:54:20 PM

But seriously, Luke's never gonna give in when his name was dragged on the mud by Kesha. Wether the accusations by Kesha regarding abuse and rape are true or not, the smart thing would've been separating personal life from business, and it's baffling her team didn't go that way. Would've been easier to prosecute Luke for the other stuff if she had separated both aspects of the conflict.

Totally agree, Dr Luke will never give in.