• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kesha Sues Dr. Luke, Alleges Sexual Assault & Forced Drug/Alcohol Use

Started by j.fco.morales, October 14, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

Quote from: georg_e on November 03, 2015, 04:32:51 PM
  Well it's unlikely he whisked her off to some hideout and started in on her the minute she arrived in LA, right? :-)   

Yes, true. It would have been after she signed a contract. However, it still puzzles me why she has waited so long to say anything. I think she'll find it very hard to prove he date raped her.

j.fco.morales

Rebecca

Quote from: georg_e on November 03, 2015, 08:52:25 PM
  You may be right on that last part, but I think that incident is just one part of the whole picture.
         The one thing that's sure: it really takes some doing to turn your best selling label artist against you on the level she's against him.

Yes, it does. I feel very sorry for Kesha. I hope this whole lawsuit doesn't end up ruining her whole life.

j.fco.morales

There's a thin line between "what I see in you as an artist" and an abusive relationship.
If you're working with a creative person, you know they're way more sensitive and sometimes have some issues.
I tend to think she was insecure -weight issues, for example- and that put Luke in advantage, he was in a position of control and for someone who's having some self steem issues, it could be devastating.

In other hand, if the contract is in fact so abusive... it's like being a prisoner.
And when you're starting your career and you have an opportunity like that, you just take it and you don't even think about legal assistance.

sweetmelody

The way it's looking right now I see Kesha dropping the case and resuming her career with Luke. I don't think they'll work together in the same room, but she'll still be signed to him and finish out her deal.

Whether you believe her or Luke, this seems to be the most logical conclusion for her. The court will not allow her to work with other people while this case goes on. I would be truly shocked if they did. Second, if she goes ahead with this, don't forget she recently dragged Sony into this. Her career with major labels will effectively be over. And that means her career as Kesha, the money-making pop star is done.

So the next step will be probably be: let some time pass, reach some sort of compromise with Luke, and eat your words. She'll probably say her mom forced her to do it, or she was going through drug abuse and/or depression. I think the writing is on the wall for her, and you can see it in the latest comments from her team.

bugmenot

Kesha sending pr-releases with misleading "Demi Lovato had Issues with that Rapist too"

So lame.

Dr. Fleischman

When millions of dollars are involved, people can go crazy.

Rebecca

That doesn't surprise me at all that Dr Luke would want his song to be the first single. I'm sure it's a common request from producers.

Yes, people definitely go crazy when so much money is involved!

j.fco.morales

Remember when Break A Sweat was released, I thought it was Demi?

DANG!

Adamoadam

If this horrible stuff with Dr. Luke is true I will be deeply upset. I hope that Kesha would still work with Max tho...

gm33

Today's court date has been postponed due to the snow storm. It's now Feb. 19.

"Fans were expected to gather outside the New York State Supreme Courthouse on Tuesday (26Jan16) as part of the #FreeKesha movement."

"Ke$ha was hoping to learn if her bid to rip up a Sony contract with hitmaker Dr. Luke was successful on Tuesday (26Jan16), leaving her free to record new music with a new label, but the case has been postponed."

http://www.noise11.com/news/music-news-kesha-courtdate-postponed-due-to-nyc-weather-20160126
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

bugmenot

Kesha's mother wins lawsuit against star's producer Dr. Luke after he accused her of defamation
Luke's lawyers apparently couldn't prove Pebe had control over Kesha and there were also 'jurisdiction issues' which persuaded judges to throw out the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3430882/Kesha-s-mother-wins-lawsuit-against-star-s-producer-Dr-Luke-accused-defamation.html

bugmenot

Quote'This never happened!' Kelly Clarkson slams Kesha fan site accusing record producer Dr. Luke of 'making her cry'
while they were working together on their song Since U Been Gone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3435468/Kelly-Clarkson-slams-Kesha-fan-site-accusing-record-producer-Dr-Luke-making-cry.html

So much lies from Kesha.

Rebecca