• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kesha Sues Dr. Luke, Alleges Sexual Assault & Forced Drug/Alcohol Use

Started by j.fco.morales, October 14, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugmenot

kesha's mom ‏

QuoteThe day in 2005, when Luke told Kesha, that she was "Nothing without him", I was there and so was Max Martin.
Max Martin heard Luke say "If you don't do exactly what I say, I will keep you tied up in litigation until you are too old to make a record"
So there is a witness, If he would be willing to tell the truth!

Dr Luke is trying to BLACKMAIL ME, into taking my name off "Timber" as a songwriter, by blocking all 16 writers from being paid. Or, I can just agree to have my name removed as a songwriter, so he will pay the other 15 writers! NOW,  2 years since TIMBER was a hit , my punishment for "TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT HIM", is to be responsible for everyone not being paid!

https://twitter.com/grannywrapper

She seems mental. New rehab wanted.

bugmenot

It's over. Luke won.

Kesha forced to keep recording with Dr. Luke, judge rules
Pop star Kesha burst into sobs in Manhattan civil court Friday when a judge announced she would have to keep recording with Sony and music producer Dr. Luke
Manhattan Supreme Court Friday when a judge denied her request for a preliminary injunction that would have temporarily nullified her contract with Sony Records.

Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Shirley Kornreich explained Sony would suffer irreparable harm if Kesha was not compelled to abide by a contract that requires her to make six more albums with the company.

The judge added that to grant the release requested by Kesha would undermine the state's laws governing contracts.

Kesha, in a dramatic all-white outfit seated in court next to her mother in a back row, looked stunned as she shed tears over the ruling.

Polarmachine

j.fco.morales

Rebecca

wow, over so soon. I thought this was going to go on forever.

yes, 6 more albums is huge. Oh well, it's a warning for young singers not to sign such huge contracts, just sign 1 or 2 album deals, but of course they'll never want to do that because they are all so desperate for success and will sign anything.

So, what now for Kesha? There's no way she can record with Dr Luke again after all that she's said about him.

melodicmoonlight

"Sony would suffer irreparable harm if Kesha was not compelled to abide by a contract that requires her to make six more albums with the company."

Oh come on. That is so dramatic. I'm no expert in record contracts or the business side of these companies, but I'm pretty sure they're doing fine and it's not like she is their star recording artist. "Irreparable harm"? I get that a contract is a contract and she signed it, but... I think they would be fine if they let her go.

And wait: can't she stay with Sony and just record with other producers? Does she HAVE to record with Luke? (But I mean, that is a fantasy to imagine; another 6 albums with Kesha & Luke/Cirkut jams. I love all the stuff they've done together. Electro pop magic.)

Rebecca

Yes, I agree. It wouldn't have harmed Sony one bit to let Kesha out of her contract. But I suppose it would have made Dr Luke look guilty if they did so and then other artists would want the same if they got a better offer.

Yeah, I just read that Kesha can work with other producers at Sony. 6 albums is lot to get through though.

turnaround

And I liked it..

21kickback

LMAO kelly's an asshole, she's just mad because of luke and max were kind of tough on her when she was recording all her track with them. She didn't like the fact that they told her what to do and didn't really like her ideas. Supposedly luke went as far as telling her that her songwriting was trash but who knows if that is actually what he said. I was surprised to see that no one has sided with luke especially producers. Like what if luke is saying the truth and she is just trying to get out of her contract. Or what if kesha did have sex with him but she did consent but now that she wants to get out she is just saying that he raped him. As producers I think we should give luke the benefit of a doubt and be on luke's side because what if this happened to any producer and no one believed the producer and only the artist just because she's a girl and sheds a couple of tears. They'res barely any proof and luke even presented a card kesha gave him for his birthday calling him "foxy". I am somewhat disappointed to see no producers, no matter how prestigious or small you are, be on luke's side. I would like to give him the benefit of a doubt but I don't know I just wish some more people took luke's side. Anyway will this affect luke's collaborations? Like will less people want to work with him because of this incident?

turnaround

I'm on Luke's side and wait what the judges say. He is innocent until proven guilty. So annoying people judge him already.

Are there pics of Luke from the court?
And I liked it..

saethor

I think I read somewhere that Luke wasn't there.

Here's a Facebook post from Mark Beaven, CEO of Advanced Alternative Media (AAM, the company that manages Luke, Cirkut and many others) about this:

Now being part of Luke's management he's obviously on his side in this, but it's pretty interesting to hear details of that side of the story.

Rebecca

Yeah, I am surprised there has not been support for Dr Luke from other producers. Why haven't we heard from Benny Blanco or Cirkut who would have been in the studio with Dr Luke and Kesha recording her albums. Or even to hear from Katy Perry?

bugmenot

At least Katy Perry didn't twitted #freekesha
They used to be "close" friends from the very beginning. So she knows the truth.

j.fco.morales

http://www.idolator.com/7624293/demi-lovato-tweets-support-kesha

The number of celebrities echoing #FreeKesha have multiplied since that hearing, to now include Brandy, Lily Allen, Lorde, Janelle Monae, Iggy Azalea, Sara Bareilles, Wale, Jack Antonoff, JoJo and Alessia Cara. Still, Demi calls for even more people — specifically, "self-proclaimed feminists" — to speak out. "Women empowerment is speaking up for other women even when it's something uncomfortable to speak up about," she says.

bugmenot