• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kesha Sues Dr. Luke, Alleges Sexual Assault & Forced Drug/Alcohol Use

Started by j.fco.morales, October 14, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tano87

I don't know what to say about this whole story.
Real or not Sony could have separate Ke$ha from Dr Luke, but it would have been like saying that Ke$ha was right.
Sony would never free Ke$ha because Dr Luke bring money to Sony and if they cut Dr Luke in any way they will lose a lot of money.

bugmenot

The New York County Supreme Court on Friday found that Kesha is already 'free' to record and release music without working with Dr. Luke as a producer if she doesn't want to. Any claim that she isn't 'free' is a myth." Lepara added that Sony Music has already invested $11 million promoting Kesha.

Nor has she ever offered a credible explanation as to why she would have signed a second recording agreement, recorded two albums and an EP and signed a publishing deal with Dr. Luke after allegedly being sexually abused.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dr-luke-kesha-free-to-record-music-rape-accusations-outright-lies-20160222

turnaround

Quote from: bugmenot on February 22, 2016, 09:42:17 AM
Taylor Swift secretly donated Kesha 250 000.
This is so weird. Luke has not worked with Taylor for a reason then? Whenever Max works with an artist these days and Luke is not involved is it because the artists refuse to work?
And I liked it..

Khan9898

Its very difficult for anyone to support Dr. Luke in this because its a very sensitive subject. How can someone prove rape and or sexual abuse when the damage has already been done? The music and entertainment industry is notorious for turning a blind eye.

Taylor Swift probably can't speak up against what is happening because A. She is under Sony B. She works with Max. Ariana Grande also tweeted supporting stuff towards Kesha. But the entire music industry and judicial system is so bs its outrageous.

saethor

Luke speaks out on Twitter: (www.twitter.com/thedoctorluke)

QuoteUntil now I haven't commented on the lawsuits, which should be resolved in court not here on Twitter.

It's a shame that there's so much speculation out there basing itself on so little information.

The only truly objective person who knows the facts is the judge.  The judge did not rule in Kesha's favor on Friday

I understand why people without all the information are speaking out. I can appreciate their compassion.

But lives can get ruined when there's a rush to judgment before all the facts come out. Look what happened at UVA, Duke etc.

of course any sane person is against rape and sexual assault but everybody who is commenting is doing so without knowledge or facts.

They are getting behind an allegation only - motivated by money.

I didn't rape Kesha and I have never had sex with her.  Kesha and I were friends for many years and she was like my little sister.

Kesha has denied under oath the horrible allegations now being made against me.  Here is the testimony.

Kesha's lawyer Mark Geragos made another false rape claim against me that was denied by publiscly Lady Gaga

Publicly

Mark Geragos (kesha's attorney) represented Scott Peterson and Chris Brown.  How can he pretend he cares about women's rights?

Imagine if you or somebody you loved was publicly accused of a rape you knew they didn't do.  Imagine that.

I have 3 sisters, a daughter, and a son with my girlfriend, and a feminist mom who raised me right.

Kesha and I made a lot of songs together and it was often good but there were creative differences at times.

It's sad that she would turn a contract negotiation into something so horrendous and untrue.

But I feel confident when this is over the lies will be exposed and the truth will prevail..

I want to thank all my friends and family who have supported me throughout this.

This is an ongoing legal case so I won't be responding / talking much about this.  This should be tried in a court of law.

Wolf Cousin

It's amazing how people always choose the side of a self proclaimed 'victim'. Kesha knew this.  From the moment someone is called a rapist people will always question that person, no matter how many times that person denies it. Because 'That's what rapists do, right?'. Even if it's proven to be a lie, the damage has already been done.

Why nobody from Dr. Luke's team speaks up? I think he may have asked them not to. I think he wants to keep this as small as possible cause it will only fuel the fire. 
I'm a big Taylor Swift fan, but the fact that she donated money to this loonatic downright pisses me of.

Rebecca

I'm glad Dr Luke responded. Nicely done.

Yeah, it is surprising how quick people were to support Kesha, when there hasn't been any evidence from Kesha.
I'm surprised too that Taylor donated to Kesha.

Bob Lefsetz has written a blog about it:
http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2016/02/22/kesha-vs-dr-luke/

Dr. Fleischman

Quote from: Rebecca on February 23, 2016, 11:03:13 AM
Yeah, it is surprising how quick people were to support Kesha, when there hasn't been any evidence from Kesha.
I'm surprised too that Taylor donated to Kesha.
Many celebrities are severe feminists and when there's a target to hit they don't really think about it twice.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: turnaround on February 22, 2016, 05:24:41 PM
This is so weird. Luke has not worked with Taylor for a reason then? Whenever Max works with an artist these days and Luke is not involved is it because the artists refuse to work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sa9qeV6T0o

nanofives

We are assuming the fact that both of us by B.o.B ft Taylor swift (which she was credited as a writer) doesn't count?

nanofives

Yes, that was weird. Thanks god max didn't work with B.o.B yet, I throroughly dislike him since the "Flat earth" incident. Although Magic was a nice song.

Polarmachine

Rolling Stones did a great article covering the fact that no Kemosabe/Prescription Songs people speak up.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/10-questions-we-still-have-about-the-kesha-legal-drama-20160224?page=3

What will happen to the other artists on Kemosabe?
The Kesha case has generated a lot of public outcry, and public outcry tends to land on the most visible names, whether or not they have power. Dr. Luke's other artists and songwriters have, understandably, been near-silent about the case. Their contracts are almost certainly no cushier than Kesha's – if anything, they are likely more restrictive – and almost certainly contain a non-defamation clause, the likes of which are being very publicly enforced. And informally, speaking out against Dr. Luke would likely be career suicide.

But this is if they would be on Kesha's side. If they are on Lukes side I don't see the point in not defending him. This kind of makes me think Luke has been a dick to Kesha on one way or another. I believe him though, when he says he didn't rape her or had sex with her.

But he might have been bossing her around, and making Kesha feel bad about herself with awful comments on her body and her performance in the singing booth.

Like everyone else I'm just speculating.
This is so depressing, I have been a Luke fan for 4-5 years and I love watching his ASCAP EXPO talks etc. I'm still siding with Luke in this case and I hope it all is untrue.

If Kesha wants to never work with Luke again, she now HAS the chance to work with other producers, Luke's lawyer said that. So why doesn't she? Unless it has always been about getting released from the pub-deal with Luke and the Kemosabe record contract...
It doesn't make sense to let her go imo, when they are actually pointing out that she CAN work with other producers.

(If Luke is guilty of rape, then obviously, FUCK HIM! But it is word against word here and you can't deny that Kesha has other reasons to let all this out now, 10 years later!!!)

j.fco.morales

This whole thing is about the publishing deal.
That's where the money is.

Kesha even wrote for Britney and had hits on her own.

nanofives

So this year Luke will be working legally with other artists outside Sony... It's a pity that feminists all over the Industry are expressing their support towards Kesha, we can only think that future Luke collabs are only from people who are on a more neutral side.
The whole thing is still a mess, Max and Luke didn't produce a song since the lawsuit was made (If we don't count Once in a Lifetime), which is quite suspicious after all these year crafting hits together. The overwhelming support of Kesha is still a surprise to me, these celebrities talking based on little facts is quite suspicious... I hope they could only talk because they really know the truth as they are part of the industry.
BTW, did anyone see the BTS of The Best Damn Thing by Avril Lavigne? It's Luke there and even though he is a nice partner when he was in the studio with her, I saw that he is particularly a pretty impulsive guy, not to say that that means he could rape Kesha but if they built such a strong relationship why they didn't work again on a new record? They don't even follow each other on twitter.
This was just a bunch of random thoughts on Luke but well xD, maybe I went a little too far.