• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kesha Sues Dr. Luke, Alleges Sexual Assault & Forced Drug/Alcohol Use

Started by j.fco.morales, October 14, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheiron Meets Thizz

Quote from: nanofives on February 25, 2016, 11:41:16 PM
So this year Luke will be working legally with other artists outside Sony... It's a pity that feminists all over the Industry are expressing their support towards Kesha, we can only think that future Luke collabs are only from people who are on a more neutral side.
The whole thing is still a mess, Max and Luke didn't produce a song since the lawsuit was made (If we don't count Once in a Lifetime), which is quite suspicious after all these year crafting hits together. The overwhelming support of Kesha is still a surprise to me, these celebrities talking based on little facts is quite suspicious... I hope they could only talk because they really know the truth as they are part of the industry.
BTW, did anyone see the BTS of The Best Damn Thing by Avril Lavigne? It's Luke there and even though he is a nice partner when he was in the studio with her, I saw that he is particularly a pretty impulsive guy, not to say that that means he could rape Kesha but if they built such a strong relationship why they didn't work again on a new record? They don't even follow each other on twitter.
This was just a bunch of random thoughts on Luke but well xD, maybe I went a little too far.

Not only on the neutral side but some might fear that working with him will result in a backlash. It's a shame that all someone has to do is say something and then cry in court and without any evidence everyone will support their claims. I saw one poll of pop music fans and over 94% all said they believe Kesha . . for no reason, most completely unaware of Dr. Luke or his character and yet they still pass judgement. In another thread I saw people disrespecting his mother for defending him and one making violent statements against Dr. Luke

nanofives

That's very surprising too, common sense always leads to be on Luke's side. But celebrities keep making us doubt. Yesterday I saw Charlie Puth apologising for not saying anything about Kesha last week. I was shocked because he talked as if he was rude or something for not talking about the topic, insane. The only thing that makes sense to me is that celebrities indeed know more than us and I feel bad because I was really looking forward for Luke's new music.
As a big Lady Gaga fan I'm also surprised on how much she is getting involved on the cause. She keeps defending her as if she was her little sister or something.
Also... did you see the amount of people hating on Katy Perry for not talking about the topic? A few days ago more than 3/4 of her Twitter responses were the hashtag.
The pressure the people is putting is getting out of control, Luke's career at this point is likely to be permanently damaged.

Rebecca

George, yes it is an intelligent thing to say by Akon, it's what should have happened so long ago before it all went to court and got so nasty.

If Kesha was that miserable, Sony should have just come to a financial agreement and let her go. Now, it's gone past that point. They would probably feel that it's an admission of guilt by Dr Luke. I've also hoped that Dr Luke is innocent, however, it doesn't really matter as it has probably ruined Dr Luke's career anyway, singers will no doubt hesitate to work with him.

I'm also wondering when Kesha will work with other producers at Sony.

Rebecca

Thanks for that, I'm glad his Mum and sister spoke out. Yes, it is terrible that so many celebrities are speaking out when we haven't even had the rape trial yet.

Dr. Fleischman

When your career is peaking and there's a lot of money to be made of you everything's peachy.Someday you start to fall and there's nobody to lean on. That is disgusting. Kelly Clarkson and Miley Cyrus owe Luke (his songs) their careers, they should at least shut their mouth before the trial is over.

bugmenot

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on March 03, 2016, 12:58:57 PM
before the trial is over.

The result of the trial is predictable — he is innocent, but none of taylorswifted "Kesha supporters" will take their words back, apologize to Luke. Some will lie "I thought we were talking about her record contract, not a rape".

They don't care about Kesha, none of them bothered to read about her "rape", they don't care about raping victims, kids with cancer, they don't care about people behind limelight who making their music (as Taylor Swift wanted make fans to believe, but acts opposite to it).

Supporting Kesha is a good publicity, supporting Luke is a bad publicity. Money.

Wolf Cousin

When I first read about this a year ago I was laughing and thinking: ''No way anybody is going to be fooled by these obvious lies''. My god, was I wrong...  The backstabbing by these artists is just scary. I heard that Calvin Harris and Luke were pals so I expected he would talk some sense into Taylor. Luke might not have been the most pleasant person to work with at times and I guess he can be a little cocky but nobody deserves this.

bugmenot

QuoteHe's not a good person to me. We've clashed, but I can't really say anything other than that. Her fans are like, 'Oh, why don't you stand up for her?' I wasn't there. I don't know what happened specifically in their situation. Obviously I wasn't in the room. But I can remark on his character. Unfortunately when you have that poor of character, like so many artists don't like you and don't like working with you. You know, that's not normal. I get along with everybody I work with. He's just not a good guy for me.

Obviously he's a talented dude, but he's lied a lot. I've run into a couple of really bad situations, musically. It's really hard for me because he'll just lie to people, and it makes the artist look bad. He's kind of difficult to work with and kind of demeaning. It's just kind of unfortunate.

The last time I worked with him, I only worked with him because literally I got blackmailed by my label. They were like, 'We will not put your album out if you don't do this.' It was a really hard time for me. And I tried to make the best of the situation.

Kelly Clarkson

Rebecca

wow, that is totally harsh from Kelly! and very ungrateful considering Dr Luke co-wrote 3 big hits for her. How would Kelly's career be without Since U Been Gone?

I would love to know what Katy Perry thinks of all of this.

turnaround

Is she talking about the "My life would..." collaboration?

Somehow Luke is described the complete different to Max. I wonder how they got along.
And I liked it..

bugmenot

Quote from: turnaround on March 08, 2016, 11:45:24 AM
Luke is described the complete different to Max

I can't believe these descriptions. Kelly always known for dissing her surroundings, she has huge ego that can be found in her "women empowering" interviews for magazines like Cosmo "There is a lot of bad people around me all the time, but my heart is so big and clear and I forgive all the sinners. I'm so good."

Human communication as a fragile thing. Martin is as rude as Luke.

Max Martin Emotionally Raped Ariana Grande the whole Time

"I fought [co-producer Max Martin] on it the whole time," Grande tells Time magazine. "'help me God!' Max was like, 'It's funny -- just do it!' It's make me cringe sometimes."

Max Martin Raped Creative Freedom of Samantha Jade

"I wasn't allowed to write anything. it's Max Martin — he chooses who he wants to write with

Real story behind Kelly songs
Clive Davis

QuoteKelly was beginning to work on her second album.

As we were gathering material for the album, however, I met with the songwriter-producer Max Martin, who had some songs he had written with his partner Luke Gottwald, that he wanted to play for me. He told me that because of his extensive work with the likes of Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys, he had somewhat gotten a reputation for softer pop artists, and he wanted these songs to be done by rock artists because he was tired of being typecast.

The songs were 'Since U Been Gone' and 'Behind These Hazel Eyes'. I heard them, and told him that I really loved them both. Then I told him that I wanted them for Kelly Clarkson. He instantly lost his cool. 'Are you crazy?' he said. 'Didn't I tell you that I wanted these songs to go to rock artists? That I didn't want to be typecast? Now you want to give them to an American Idol winner!'

The fact is that I wanted Kelly to have those songs for the very reason he had written them. Both songs had a sharp rock edge, but were still capable of being pop hits. They would push Kelly in a promising direction for her, while maintaining and even growing her audience. I had a long relationship with Max dating back to Ace of Base, so I was able to calm him down and try to reason with him. 'You don't understand,' I said. 'Kelly's got a great voice, she's got real potential, and she likes edge. Look, you'll produce it. You'll get the right performance. If you don't get the right performance, I'll understand if you don't want to let the songs be used. But you've really got to give this a shot. I believe so firmly that this will be great for her. And for you.' We spent a long time discussing it, and finally, based totally on my relationship with him, he said yes.

Max and Luke are very strong, hands-on producers in the studio. They are intent on getting perfect vocal performances, and are relentless in that pursuit. It was hard for Kelly, who had come from the high of winning American Idol and then having a double platinum album. You're young, everybody recognizes you everywhere you go. It's heady, and all that attention affects all Idol winners.

But then suddenly you're in an entirely different world of making records in a studio, and you have to take direction. Kelly didn't like it. Max and Luke were relentless in getting the right performance of their song. Kelly got her back up, and from her perspective, she had a horrible experience in the studio.

She'd never work with them again, she said. Then, after all the work was done, I listened to the performances. They were terrific. I could not have been more thrilled. This was a whole new direction for Kelly, so far away from 'A Moment Like This', which defined her first year's experience.

With the air cleared, I did work on Kelly's 2009 album All I Ever Wanted. One track I brought in was 'My Life Would Suck Without You', written and produced by, lo and behold, Max Martin and Dr Luke.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: bugmenot on March 08, 2016, 05:00:27 PM
I can't believe these descriptions. Kelly always known for dissing her surroundings, she has huge ego that can be found in her "women empowering" interviews for magazines like Cosmo "There is a lot of bad people around me all the time, but my heart is so big and clear and I forgive all the sinners. I'm so good."

Human communication as a fragile thing. Martin is as rude as Luke.

Max Martin Emotionally Raped Ariana Grande the whole Time

"I fought [co-producer Max Martin] on it the whole time," Grande tells Time magazine. "'help me God!' Max was like, 'It's funny -- just do it!' It's make me cringe sometimes."

Max Martin Raped Creative Freedom of Samantha Jade

"I wasn't allowed to write anything. it's Max Martin — he chooses who he wants to write with

Real story behind Kelly songs
Clive Davis

I wouldn't say Luke is not a nice person, but he's such a character.
Remember: he was a drug dealer when he was a teenager and has a WEIRD sense of humor.

Khan9898

Multiple sources saying Sony will be dropping Dr. Luke as a producer.