• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

"Bad blood" is the 20th Billboard #1 for Max

Started by turnaround, May 27, 2015, 11:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romb

Not to say the song is not good, but honestly...I think it is not worth Billboard #1.

Max and co are in an interesting situation - whatever they do it has this head start and everyone takes it from the perspective that it was created by Max, so it is the definition of quality. And don't get me wrong, this is true in a lot of cases  8) I just think there is a lot of pre judgement.

Let's just say no one would know this song was created by Taylor and Max, let's say it would be released by someone not that known, my opinion is that "Bad Blood"  then wouldn't make it into charts at all. Again, not that it's a bad song, no. It's jut not a good enough, at least the remix version. And I'm trying not to throw my personal taste in here, I'm trying to compare it to other songs that Max/Shellback has had their magic touch to.

P.S. Oh, btw, anyone noticed that they used the same chord progression as in "We are never getting back together"?  ;)

j.fco.morales

I don't like the song and I agree with you about this being overhyped.

When you have global superstar status and do the right promo, you can achieve success like this.

sweetmelody

The race for #21 is on. Both "Can't Feel My Face" and "Cool For the Summer" are going to make a real push over the upcoming weeks. "Can't Feel My Face" probably has the best shot right now but "Cool For the Summer" is apparently going to be Demi's biggest hit to date (from what I hear). Max on FIRE!

Rebecca

Quote from: sweetmelody on July 05, 2015, 12:31:54 AM
The race for #21 is on. Both "Can't Feel My Face" and "Cool For the Summer" are going to make a real push over the upcoming weeks. "Can't Feel My Face" probably has the best shot right now but "Cool For the Summer" is apparently going to be Demi's biggest hit to date (from what I hear). Max on FIRE!

I think either of those songs have the potential for No.1!

j.fco.morales

B Steady

The Weeknd will never have a Billboard single #1
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

What makes you say this? His career might be long and when the perfect song comes along he eventually will? :)
And I liked it..

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

sweetmelody

Quote from: B Steady on July 05, 2015, 06:35:21 PM
The Weeknd will never have a Billboard single #1

Never say never. Weeknd's song is the 2nd most added song at radio behind Demi so far this week, but he's killing Demi in sales. He's only slightly behind that dreadful Cheerleader song by Omi. Speaking of that song, it will give Max some big competition for #1 this week.

sweetmelody

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 05, 2015, 05:57:33 PM
I think both songs will be #1.

It is unlikely since they are out around the same time and will compete not only against each other but with some other strong records. It'll be one or the other, I'm afraid.

turnaround

And since there is no natural law preventing The Weekend to get that #1 I still think it will happen.
And I liked it..

B Steady

I hope the songs will get the first two spots and after one week they swap! But unfortunately The Weeknd will never have a Billboard single #1.
Vila i frid Dag

sonnyblack2000

The weeknd can definitely get there, maybe not with cant feel my face even though its his poppiest track yet but its possible, he s building his audience still
Cool for the summer is Demi's best chance to get to the top of the charts so far
And to whomever mentionned they thought cheerleader was horrible, I called it that it d be a massive hit the first time I heard it, even sent it out to some music biz colleagues

j.fco.morales

I think The Weeknd already built his fanbase, but his label is trying to abroad his audience with mainstream sounding songs.

sweetmelody

Quote from: B Steady on July 06, 2015, 09:44:12 PM
But unfortunately The Weeknd will never have a Billboard single #1.

Why do you keep saying that? Just curious what your reasoning is.