• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - WITNESS album (incl. Bon Appétit & Chained To The Rhythm)

Started by melodicmoonlight, July 15, 2016, 05:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onepass

I'm all for helping the company but Bon appetit is horrible. Chained to the rhythm is only minimally 'successful' because of the very small part in the song.

Not a fan of Katy Perry's stuff right now.

B Steady

Quote from: Wolf Cousin on May 14, 2017, 02:47:35 PM
I like it! Sure it's different but that's good. 2012 is over you know. Also it's better than the 6000th generic Kygo single (Although it wouldn't surprise me if that's still gonna happen). 

It's called moving forward. I'm sure it'll grow on you.

Not so sure about your last sentence but for the rest you have my agreement.
Bon Appétit is quite ingenious, it just takes some understanding.
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

I don't get the hate for Bon Appetit either. It's a pretty brilliant slinky pop jam. The way it builds, the whole clubby vibe, and the video definitely brings the song to life more.

At first I didn't get what she was doing this era. She seemed a bit aloof in interviews and the live performances of Chained to the Rhythm were lackluster. But I watched a 30-minute live stream she did the other day and I get where she is now in her career/life. She isn't taking it too seriously, trying to break records, or hit #1. She's experimenting and above all wants to have fun and be silly. I think the music will deliver.

New song Witness:

https://twitter.com/katyperry/status/863840767676002305

Polarmachine

This new era with Katy has really not had the impact that an artist with that fame / fanbase should have.

But I guess you can't constantly rule the hot 100 and be nr 1.

I look forward to Camila Cabello and Justin Timberlake now.

And I would really like Max to finally have a sick song with Rihanna.

nanofives

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on May 14, 2017, 10:54:58 PM
I don't get the hate for Bon Appetit either. It's a pretty brilliant slinky pop jam. The way it builds, the whole clubby vibe, and the video definitely brings the song to life more.

At first I didn't get what she was doing this era. She seemed a bit aloof in interviews and the live performances of Chained to the Rhythm were lackluster. But I watched a 30-minute live stream she did the other day and I get where she is now in her career/life. She isn't taking it too seriously, trying to break records, or hit #1. She's experimenting and above all wants to have fun and be silly. I think the music will deliver.

New song Witness:

https://twitter.com/katyperry/status/863840767676002305
Oh, she reworked the demo that leaked a few months ago. Sounds very nice, I get some Ali's vibes.

B Steady

Quote from: nanofives on May 14, 2017, 11:04:00 PM
I get some Ali's vibes.

Kinda, but only because of the snaps and the vocal production. I also get some Illuminati vibes.
Vila i frid Dag

onepass

Quote from: B Steady on May 14, 2017, 11:44:34 PM
I also get some Illuminati vibes.

True.

I'm also sensing some Carlton Vibes without the joy (the illuminati part).

http://www.reactiongifs.com/carlton/

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on May 14, 2017, 11:44:34 PM
Kinda, but only because of the snaps and the vocal production. I also get some Illuminati vibes.

And the synths.
Excited to hear this in HQ.

nanofives

The album will drop on June 9, I'm crossing my fingers for seeing luke with her again, but it's unlikely.

B Steady

Still waiting for the song Witness ...

In the meantime Swish Swish arrived, a mediocre song feat. Nicki Minaj, produced by Promnite, Mailbox & Duke Dumont.
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Worst song of the songs so far.

I fear this will be the worst album by Katy.
And I liked it..

nanofives

I think it grew on me faster than it should, I like EDM vibes but it lacked of a good drop, like all her songs so far.

B Steady

Quote from: nanofives on May 19, 2017, 03:13:20 PM
I think it grew on me faster than it should, I like EDM vibes but it lacked of a good drop, like all her songs so far.

CTTR has a nice drop after Skips middle part.
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Credits for the album according to Apple Music:

Track 1: Katy Perry, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha & Ali Payami
Track 2: Katy Perry, Max Martin, Sia Furler, Ali Payami & Sarah Hudson
Track 3: Various Artists, Max Martin, Ali Payami, Shellback & Ferras Alqaisi
Swish Swish: Katy Perry, Duke Dumont, Sarah Hudson & Brittany Hazzard
Track 5: Katy Perry, Hayden James, Ferras Alqaisi & Thomas Stell
Track 6: Katy Perry & Jack Garratt
Track 7: Katy Perry, Ali Payami, Corin Roddick, Sarah Hudson & Megan James
Track 8: Katy Perry, Ali Payami, Corin Roddick, Sarah Hudson & Megan James
Chained To The Rhythm: Katy Perry, Skip Marley, Max Martin, Sia Furler & Ali Payami
Track 10: Katy Perry, Michael Williams, Marcus Bell, Sarah Hudson & Mia Moretti
Bon Appetit: Katy Perry, Max Martin, Shellback, Oscar Holter, Ferras Alqaisi, Quavious Marshall, Kiari Cephus & Kirsnick Ball
Track 12: Katy Perry, Sarah Hudson, Corin Roddick, Megan James & Oscar Holter
Track 13: Katy Perry, Elof Loelv, Noonie Bao, DJ Mustard, Max Martin & Twice As Nice
Track 14: Katy Perry, Jeff Bhasker & Sarah Hudson
Track 15: Katy Perry, Alexis Goddard, Joe Taylor & Ferras Alqaisi
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Quote from: turnaround on May 19, 2017, 06:18:11 PM
Credits for the album according to Apple Music:

Track 1: Katy Perry, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha & Ali Payami
Track 2: Katy Perry, Max Martin, Sia Furler, Ali Payami & Sarah Hudson
Track 3: Various Artists, Max Martin, Ali Payami, Shellback & Ferras Alqaisi
Swish Swish: Katy Perry, Duke Dumont, Sarah Hudson & Brittany Hazzard
Track 5: Katy Perry, Hayden James, Ferras Alqaisi & Thomas Stell
Track 6: Katy Perry & Jack Garratt
Track 7: Katy Perry, Ali Payami, Corin Roddick, Sarah Hudson & Megan James
Track 8: Katy Perry, Ali Payami, Corin Roddick, Sarah Hudson & Megan James
Chained To The Rhythm: Katy Perry, Skip Marley, Max Martin, Sia Furler & Ali Payami
Track 10: Katy Perry, Michael Williams, Marcus Bell, Sarah Hudson & Mia Moretti
Bon Appetit: Katy Perry, Max Martin, Shellback, Oscar Holter, Ferras Alqaisi, Quavious Marshall, Kiari Cephus & Kirsnick Ball
Track 12: Katy Perry, Sarah Hudson, Corin Roddick, Megan James & Oscar Holter
Track 13: Katy Perry, Elof Loelv, Noonie Bao, DJ Mustard, Max Martin & Twice As Nice
Track 14: Katy Perry, Jeff Bhasker & Sarah Hudson
Track 15: Katy Perry, Alexis Goddard, Joe Taylor & Ferras Alqaisi

Amazing list of collaborators! Love to see Ali all over the credits. Jack Garratt was the winner of the BBC Poll Sound of 2016.
Jeff Bhasker worked with Lana del Rey, Kanye West and Harry Styles.
Noonie Bao <3

Corin Riddick and Megan James are Purity Ring.
If you never heard of them, you should: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiV0RN0mPSk

This is starting to excite me!