• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - WITNESS album (incl. Bon Appétit & Chained To The Rhythm)

Started by melodicmoonlight, July 15, 2016, 05:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

BUT Luke with credits on Solange's album? Paloma Faith's?

Mm, I'm suspicious.

turnaround

Are you ready for the new Katy album?

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/album/03ntx95u0wotf68NnE3aGw[/spotify]
And I liked it..

nanofives

Quote from: turnaround on June 08, 2017, 02:54:21 PM
Are you ready for the new Katy album?

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/album/03ntx95u0wotf68NnE3aGw[/spotify]
Didn't feel it the first time, I may give it another chance later.
I don't feel Katy or Max in this one at all.

turnaround

And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

It's a great album to my ears. Some cringey lyrics and vocal delivery but it's Katy's style. Great production and melodies scattered throughout. Definitely not a Teenage Dream or Prism but it still feels cohesive and current.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Dr. Fleischman

I like the singles and Witness and Roulette (I love that song). I appreciate the new, more electronic approach and interesting choice of producers - Wolf Cousins, Duke Dumont, Mike Will Made It, Jeff Bhasker, DJ Mustard. Who's missing there is.... Dr Luke. I'm not quite keen about the whole album to be honest.

rxpills

I have to echo Dr. Fleischman's sentiments. I'm not sure if Katy's album—which I find very underwhelming and lazy—has more to do with Dr. Luke's absence, Max Martin losing his touch, Ali Payami's influence, or a combination of the three. 

nanofives

I think the logic is to blame Dr Luke because he forced Max to find a a replacement and Ali is very close to Max, but it's not the best choice for Katy. I think it would have been different if Ilya or Klas Ahlund were involved. Or Stargate and Benny Blanco.

j.fco.morales

Ali is a great option, but not for too many tracks.

It would have been great to have an edgier sounding record.
I missed Greg Kurstin. He did great working with Halsey.

Allie X's record beats the sh*t out of Witness.
She recorded with Billboard, Cirkut, Kool Kojac, Ammo, Mike Wise, Brett McLaughlin.

nanofives

The album is edgy enough, but not like Rihanna did with ANTI, it's just bad. Her sound is boring, the lyrics are shallow and max and Shellback didn't shine like they would

onepass

Quote from: Cala42 on June 02, 2017, 01:23:04 AM
I came across that! I noticed the majority of theses albums are under Sony which I know Dr Luke had an exclusive deal with. He's also been rumoured to go under different pseudonyms before, I couldn't find much more info on Dylan Wiggins which is why I thought it might of been a pseudonym.

He does.

Speaking of, I don't think pseudonyms and loopholes should be tolerated.

The album sounded horrible..."swish swish" sounded like a dude wrote it. The album is crap and probably the reason she originally got dropped by three labels. She can't write...or sing.  Sad little fame whore.

turnaround

Taylor putting 1989 and all her albums back on Spotify the same day Katy releases her new album is ridiculous. But promotion for both and Max now gets even richer. I don't complain. It's really handy to be able to stream her songs now instead of switching to iTunes or putting the CD into the player.

I am not yet sure if I like the "Witness" album - it is not really instant, needs lots of plays. Eventually it will grow on me.

Max tasks on the album can be displayed here (among them is Prophet 6) and solina

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witness_(Katy_Perry_album)

And I liked it..

onepass

Quote from: turnaround on June 11, 2017, 12:47:38 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witness_(Katy_Perry_album)

Are you sure Wiki is right?

There is no way Max wrote those songs. Producers take writing credits even if they don't write just like singers take credits for writing.