• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - WITNESS album (incl. Bon Appétit & Chained To The Rhythm)

Started by melodicmoonlight, July 15, 2016, 05:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Written by Zedd, Katy Perry, Caroline Ailin, Corey Sanders, Daniel Davidsen, Peter Wallevik & Mich Hansen

Produced by Zedd, Peter Wallevik, Daniel Davidsen and Cutfather.

The video is a bit cheesy and the song pretty average, but I loved the chorus.

nanofives

Does anyone know if Bon Appetit turned into a meme or something? Suddenly It's gaining millions of views in YouTube

I haven't realized that it's the most view video of that era.

j.fco.morales

I watched it again just the other day and I fully realized how good the song is and how great the video is as well.

j.fco.morales

New single Never Really Over out this friday.
Allegedlly produced by Zedd & Dreamlab and written by Katy Perry, Farrago, Hayley Warner, Leah Haywood & Daniel James.

https://people.com/music/katy-perry-new-single-never-really-over/

turnaround

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/musikk/i/70B1P8/dagny-forteller-at-katy-perry-tok-hennes-laat-helt-vilt?utm_source=vgfront&utm_content=row-1

QuoteNow, however, Dagny tells that she has not sat at a desk and written material on behalf of, or for, Katy Perry. To VG, Dagny says that Perry and her co-writers have simply fallen for "Love You Like That" and made a new song based on it. The result is the single "Never Really Over".

"Katy Perry and her people wanted make their own version, and they would give us credit for it - they have had an open dialogue with us about this. I'm very proud. I do not have any children to be proud of, so I would rather be happy on the song's behalf.

This is the first song from her new album, and yes, I've heard it - it's like Katy Perry back as a pop queen. It's totally wild! I am always very excited about all things related to releasing my own songs, but it is super exciting to be on this side of it.

It's incredibly cool that she does this (credits artists), she could just as well let it be. I mean, what would I do, call my non-existent lawyer to take her to court? It says a lot about her that she's not just going to try to get away with it.

There are many similarities (in our two songs). Some will say they are very similar, others may say they are not the same at all, but I think there are some harmonies there and the way her song is built up, which resembles mine. Mostly musical, not lyrically."
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Dagny's track has additional production by Mattman and Robin. She's cool.

nanofives

I love that song, props to Katy for doing the right thing.

AlexanderLaBrea

You sure you're thinking of the right song? Cause Jason Gill produced the Dagny track and Mattman/Robin arn't credited anywhere.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on May 30, 2019, 06:24:46 PM
You sure you're thinking of the right song? Cause Jason Gill produced the Dagny track and Mattman/Robin arn't credited anywhere.

Written by Jason Gill, Michelle Buzz & Dagny.
Additional percusions, electric guitar by Mattman and Robin
BG Vocals by Karin Antonson & Astera Ebrahim
Produced by Jason Gill and mixed by Serbhan Ghenea :)

nanofives

j.fco.morales

Quote from: j.fco.morales on May 29, 2019, 07:37:58 PM
Allegedlly produced by Zedd & Dreamlab and written by Katy Perry, Farrago, Hayley Warner, Leah Haywood & Daniel James.

Yep.
Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on May 30, 2019, 10:31:43 PM
Cool! Where is this from? :)
Discogs, Genius, Spotify, AllMusic, Quobuz :)

I'm not very excited about this, to be honest.
I'm way more hyped about Kim Petras and Luke...

nanofives

Quote from: j.fco.morales on May 31, 2019, 12:57:02 AM

Umm, so... People.com says it's not written nor based on Dagny's song?
Where do they get the info?

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEb5gNsmGJ8

The video for Never Really Over is out.

According to iTunes, the song was written by Zedd, Daniel James, Gino Barletta, Leah Haywood, Dagny Norvoll Sandvik, Harley Warner, Jason Gill, Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson & Michelle Buzz.

Thoughts?