• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - WITNESS album (incl. Bon Appétit & Chained To The Rhythm)

Started by melodicmoonlight, July 15, 2016, 05:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

Jon Bellion is keeping the sound of Monsters & Strangerz fresh AF, I still have in my head vulnerable by Selena since it came out. The highest note she sings while saying Daisy gives me chills.

j.fco.morales

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: j.fco.morales on May 15, 2020, 11:33:10 PM

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/4uqh9bualXNHXXwO2wPorc?si=ZxKxG0r2S6S4opzTP_3T1w[/spotify]

Thoughts? I like it.
I like this new direction she going into. Very mature and something she should of been doing like 10 years ago with Max & Luke instead of dated teen pop like she did.

melodicmoonlight

the high-note screechy thing reminds me of Bonnie McKee lol. overall, it's a cute track. nice lyrics. I think Luke could've done the guitar strums/overall production better. kinda like Lovin' So Hard by Becky G.

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5wHWtNAG1U&feature=em-lsp

She's very likable. And she's sharing some of her struggles, honestly.
In this interview she said she felt Witness didn't match her expectations and after that she thinks she was in a "loop of winning" and realized she does music to share a message. It's great to see artists realizing stuff like that.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on May 17, 2020, 10:52:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5wHWtNAG1U&feature=em-lsp

She's very likable. And she's sharing some of her struggles, honestly.
In this interview she said she felt Witness didn't match her expectations and after that she thinks she was in a "loop of winning" and realized she does music to be share a message. It's great to see artists realizing stuff like that.

She's incredibly likable, well-spoken, and specific. I started feeling that way towards her during Witness, when she did that entertaining yet revealing live stream thing. She's a smart, feeling woman who's not afraid to be self-aware and honest about her career.

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/1tH2L4hkZU7IMJbreHFcMs?si=v77x5-WTQbCWASAgMoWMYA[/spotify]

Produced by Johan Carlsson and Co produced by Elvira Anderfjard, songs are keep getting shorter and shorter apparently.

B Steady

Also very important to have the word "b*tch" included.

Quo vadis, music industry?
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Tracklist and collaborator revealed: two OzGo tracks, one Ian Kirkpatrick, two FRND -Andrew Goldstein.

nanofives

[spotify]spotify:album:47zMF6LrXQ8odi6Xv1unC0[/spotify]

The album is out and it's catchy, I'm glad to see her collaborating back with Stargate, collaborating with new people like FRND, Elvira, Michael Pollack, Madison Love. And collaborating with the swedes, both Oscars and Johan.

Sadly, this is her first album without Max somewhere in the credits.

j.fco.morales

High On Your Supply is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Cry About It Later is my fave by far, amazing vocals and production.

nanofives

melodicmoonlight

The vocal production/mixing is enjoyable across the album. Both in the way it's produced and how she actually sings. A bunch of vocal moments either in her tone or delivery reminded me of One of the Boys-era Katy, it was kind of a nice flashback; specifically on Resilient.

Songs like Tucked, Only Love, and Not the End of the World have strong melodies. Nothing is quite an ear-worm as TD but they're catchy in a different, less saturated way? I guess what I'm trying to say is these songs sound new for her and I like that she doesn't just stick with the same formula necessarily or work with the same people. I love her as an artist!

nanofives

Does anyone know the original song Katy samples on Not the End of the World? It's not credited.
I've seen the same sample on this song by Ina Wroldsen and Quiz & Larossi from a few years ago.

[spotify]spotify:track:55u2QYOVGloqOFqcN5k6hp[/spotify]

AlexanderLaBrea

Yeah, the song is called Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye". 60's song but I guess it's more famous as a stadium chant.