• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Troye Sivan - "My My My" (Oscar Görres)

Started by turnaround, January 08, 2018, 05:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

And I liked it..

nanofives

Oscar really shows off with those production elements in the end.

Snipes3000

Quote from: nanofives on April 02, 2020, 04:01:20 PM
Oscar really shows off with those production elements in the end.

Reminds me of a move made by Ilya, where he shows off at the end of Ariana Grande's Bad Idea.

The sounds are totally different, don't get me wrong. They just make a similar artistic choice.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

Well, it's not that different to me.

Travis Scott did it recently on Sicko Mode, which are basically 4 beats in one piece of music.

And Oscar can't help about showing his jazz influences, same thing with the Allie X album.

Snipes3000

j.fco.morales. I'm trying to understand what you are trying to say about Travis Scott Sicko Mode, but I'm not really sure if I understand you clearly.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: j.fco.morales on April 03, 2020, 03:53:21 AM
Well, it's not that different to me.

Travis Scott did it recently on Sicko Mode, which are basically 4 beats in one piece of music.

And Oscar can't help about showing his jazz influences, same thing with the Allie X album.
I hope this becomes a future trend for producers to have more instrumental breaks in their music. Mostly in songs today, it's all busy with the vocals but having a chance to groove to the surrounding music is just like having a cigarette break on your lunch shift at work. Lets you enjoy what they created even more, take the saxophone solo at the end of "In Your Eyes" by The Weeknd for example.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Snipes3000 on April 03, 2020, 04:04:54 PM
j.fco.morales. I'm trying to understand what you are trying to say about Travis Scott Sicko Mode, but I'm not really sure if I understand you clearly.

Artists are taking risks in terms of structure: that's why I put the Sicko Mode example.

Bad Bunny did it many times and now one of those compositions is trending on Latin America with no promotion, it's like a reggaeton megamix.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on April 03, 2020, 05:49:58 PM
I hope this becomes a future trend for producers to have more instrumental breaks in their music. Mostly in songs today, it's all busy with the vocals but having a chance to groove to the surrounding music is just like having a cigarette break on your lunch shift at work. Lets you enjoy what they created even more, take the saxophone solo at the end of "In Your Eyes" by The Weeknd for example.

couldn't agree more with this. Instrumental breaks, especially at the end to close out a song are so fantastic and just make you jive out

Snipes3000

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on April 03, 2020, 05:49:58 PM

Yes, let pop fill that in. Otherwise those EDM guys might be coming back to the charts to do it, but they are already done :-X Calvin Harris 2012 and 2014 album singles also capitalized on this "need"  - that the listener seems to have at times - perfectly. For me, personally, those instrumental moments give my imagination a kind of free role to go wherever it wants. With lyrics there are boundaries.

Snipes3000

Quote from: j.fco.morales on April 03, 2020, 06:23:42 PM
Artists are taking risks in terms of structure: that's why I put the Sicko Mode example.

Bad Bunny did it many times and now one of those compositions is trending on Latin America with no promotion, it's like a reggaeton megamix.

Yes, but you are refering to Sicko mode, which is a rap song. In that field you are dealing with a whole other level of attention that you have to control in a different way than a pop song, so it isn't the right example. And to be trending in latin america? Come on, we are on a Cheiron forum, it's all about billboard ;D

Ethnic markets (no offense, but that's how the charts guru Guy Zapoleon refers to it) are not of primary interest for record labels. The record labels recently made a bald move, however, with Beyonce's song brown skin girl to conquer Africa, but it didn't work as well as I suppose they had hoped for. I followed the charts for that song in Nigeria. It's a very intelligently, executed, good song (albeit with a touch of racial priding). But average songs (which had more of that 'ethnic color') were doing much better. But hey, i'm going too much off topic now.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Snipes3000 on April 10, 2020, 11:45:34 PM
Yes, but you are refering to Sicko mode, which is a rap song. In that field you are dealing with a whole other level of attention that you have to control in a different way than a pop song, so it isn't the right example. And to be trending in latin america? Come on, we are on a Cheiron forum, it's all about billboard ;D

What? Are you kidding? It's about the music, come on.

Quote from: Snipes3000 on April 10, 2020, 11:45:34 PMEthnic markets (no offense, but that's how the charts guru Guy Zapoleon refers to it) are not of primary interest for record labels. The record labels recently made a bald move, however, with Beyonce's song brown skin girl to conquer Africa, but it didn't work as well as I suppose they had hoped for. I followed the charts for that song in Nigeria. It's a very intelligently, executed, good song (albeit with a touch of racial priding). But average songs (which had more of that 'ethnic color') were doing much better. But hey, i'm going too much off topic now.

Does anyone care about "record label interests"? And looks like Beyoncé doesn't care about selling records since 2013.
She doesn't need to and she proves it doing what she's been doing since her self titled album in 2013.

melodicmoonlight

This is gold. "Rager teenager!" another new song off his EP.

[SPOTIFY]https://open.spotify.com/track/0wiIuHFABKAtdRlzB4Vv6k?si=tzC6vJobTH6QsvEzgyLoVA[/SPOTIFY]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1pGPgQPAG8

Another alt banger with OZGO, amazing production, a little dark but so fun. Love this direction Troye has been going in. My favorite so far from him.

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfpNwJVMmvw

Troye Sivan "Easy" Voice Note

Troye is with Oscar Gorres writing the song. You can hear Oscar on the background making notes about the song. It's included on the UK vynil of In A Dream.