• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Nick Jonas - Last Year Was Complicated (New Album)

Started by turnaround, March 25, 2016, 10:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

Top tier track, it also gives me 2010s vibes with the production and even the melody. It's nice to hear it nowadays. LOVE the chorus sort of "creeping" melody.

Quote from: getawaydriver on September 17, 2021, 04:25:37 PM
It's grown on me a lot as I've been listening! I love the "get lost in your halo, HA-LO" bit, so catchy. The vocal production is a bit weak in the verses, though, in my opinion. Joe's vocals in particular sound so artificial and Melodyned in the first verse, makes him sound kinda lifeless.

This was also my instant critique. Overall, the vocal production/editing was lacking. The weird Melodyned high notes sounding mechanic. If the vocals were more finely tuned, the song would be that much better.

j.fco.morales

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on September 18, 2021, 05:05:07 PM
Could this be a DNCE song?

I thought this upon first listen, for sure. It could easily fit with that band's sound.

bugmenot

There is JB video, MM's hands and Rami in the studio