• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The DARIN thread

Started by turnaround, May 26, 2007, 02:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

As he gets mentioned every now and then I thought I might open a thread about him.

His new single is "Desire", they shot a video for it, pics are at http://www.darin.nu

Oh and for Unexpected here the producers for the 2 first albums.

He works mostly with a guy called RedOne, and Bilal.

Jörgen Elofsson has had songs on all albums so far.

Other names from the 2nd:
Alex Cantrell, George Samuelsen, Damon Sharpe, Hortlund Sommerdahl, Kinnda

The first:
Arnthor Birgisson, Robin Thicke, Robyn Carlsson, Remee, Johan Ekhe, Ulf Lindström, Torin London, Anja Steinlechner, Carl Henry, Teron Beal, Adam Baptiste, Robbie Nevil, Niclas Windahl, Pontus Söderqvis, Andreas Barren, Nino Yakoub, Kristian Dogar, Alexandraa, MAX
And I liked it..

turnaround

There is a poll on his official site, asking which is the fans favourite ballad and this is the result so far

Why does it rain (16,6%)
Homeless (34%)
Everything but the girl (22,3%)
Sail the ocean (16%)
Who's that girl (11,1%)

I am quite surprised, but it goes without saying that Homeless is Elofsson ;)

What's your favourite Top 5?
And I liked it..

Unexpected

yeah I voted for this , for Everything but the girl its my fave darins song so far ,  and I like why does it rain? , and homeless , I'm a fan for him too
All his albums are great , in his second self titled album there's a song produces by  Jörgen Elofsson which is (walk the distance) , which already been recorded while ago by swedish artist Robyn ,

By the way darin is planning to release in germany , and the song which going to be released(still rumor) Insanity so I don't know

AcerBen

Everything But The Girl.. I'm addicted to it

Walk The Distance is my no2

turnaround

Woo, AcerBen, glad you joined, welcome  :wink:
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Welcome AcerBen and Unexpected.

My favourite Darin ballad is Everything But The Girl, then Why Does It Rain, then What If I Kissed You

Feelgoodlies

No one differs that Everything But The Girl is a great song,it's my favourite from Darin's,I love Homeless as well.

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Unexpected"By the way darin is planning to release in germany , and the song which going to be released(still rumor) Insanity so I don't know
It's not a rumour, "Insanity" is already released as a digital single in Germany. I wonder though how they expect success without promotion or a physical release...  :?

Unexpected

BIG NEWS
[/b][/i]

What an amazing news , ne darin single will be released October 13th the song will be called Breathing Your Love and Produced by RedOne :D  And album will be followed to be released december 3rd Called Flashback (as a track to be included in the album)

Here's an interview with Darin on Swedish newspaper , it was translated by online translator so please don't be mad

QuoteFinally comes your fans SCREAM of pleasure again, how does it feel to release your fourth album?
Feels very exciting, I have worked very long with this CD and have done everything I can so it should be so good as possible.

What's the name of the CD and why have you picked just that name?
The name of the CD is Flashback after one of the songs on the CD.

What's the musicstyle and genre on the CD, is it different from your earlier CD's?
It has new sound to my other CD's, it's still r&b/pop, but it sounds more adult and it's me as I am today.

Who has you cooperated with on the new CD?
I have mostly worked with RedOne, Novel and Billy.
Stefan and Mango on Murlyn have I also worked with very much. David Jassy, as I have written many melodies and texts with. Also the producers Ilya, Jason Ginni and Johan Bobنck.

Have you written any songs alone?
I have opt in and written all songs except one.

How much time have you layed down on the CD?
I started to write songs for 2 years ago. Have sitten very much in the studio the last year. I have layed down very much time on the CD.

It hasen't been so long between your the other CD's, why did we got to wait a bit longer this time?
I have been in Germany, Switzerland and Austria for promotion and I won't release something new until I feeled that it was so good as possible and I feeled totally satisfied.

When does the CD's releases in the store?
3rd December.

What's the name of the first single and when does it releases?
The first single's name is Breathing your love and it releases 13th October.

Your fans in Sweden have been missing you, does it comes signs and a tour?
I have missed all fans too. Yes, it will be!

Thank you for the interwiew Darin
Of course! Thank you too.

and on his web-diary today he wrote

QuoteHi,
Today I've performed at Nalen in front of the whole record company and bosses and employees in different companys of the music inustry. I sang "Breathing your love" for the first time for an audience and it was rather nervous, but it went well. They were all very pleased and liked the song and I was pleased myself, so it feels great. Are you courious about how it sounds? : ). You'll find out very soon! It's released 13 October. Hope you're fine, I'm going to bed soon I'm rather tired haha. Hugs to all of you! /Darin

I can't wait , britney and Darin releasing at the same time , it's gonna be my best year for music EVER

Rebecca

Thanks Unexpected!

I love Darin, I'm so excited for a new album! good he's working with RedOne again

Raul_esp

great news !!redone is a great producer

Feelgoodlies

I can't wait, I heard he has worked with "Twin for Redfly" as well, omg his album will be the best of the year I guess.

*Sabine*

Hella cool! :D I hope some guys of our Swedish team will also be involved too...

Out

Didn't know about RedOne before. I've just wrote in Britney's topic that I liked Lady Gaga's songs - Just Dance and Poker Face, and now I've found that it RedOne's works, and that he "is a Moroccan and Swedish producer" due to wikipedia.
http://www.myspace.com/redonenet

Well, there are quite a lot of swedish Idols going to release new albums this year - Agnes, Darin, Markus Fagervall, Daniel Lindström, Måns Zelmerlöw, Sebastian Karlsson - I'm waiting impatiently for ANY of these albums :)

Unexpected

I'm gonna give a listen to all of the above artists except Daniel , I really don't like his voice