• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Australia

Started by turnaround, September 07, 2007, 01:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

As I know we have members from Australia I just want to ask you about the country.

Many people from Europe seem to want to go there, for backpacking, au-pair or holidays.

It seems to be a great country, of course also music-talent wise. Just naming Delta and Kylie.

But what interests me most is the animals there, as there are the most dangerous animals of the world.

It is the one thing that would keep me from going to Australia, I am horribly afraid of snakes and saw documentations that they were also in the cities. How is it in your every day life, with spiders etc, are they a big impact.

;)
And I liked it..

Rebecca

I live pretty close to the city and I have never seen a snake! (except in a zoo), even when I lived in the suburbs I didn't see any snakes. I've seen a few spiders but not any dangerous ones. I am terrified of snakes and spiders too.

You would need to go right out into the country or in the outer-suburbs where there is lots of bush to see snakes and spiders.

It is true there are lots of dangerous animals - unfortunately people have been eaten by crocodiles in the Northern Territory. Of course sharks have killed people - but this is pretty rare!

City-life like in Sydney or Melbourne or the other capital cities is not much different from city-life in other countries though our cities may be smaller and have new buildings rather than the beautiful old buildings in European cities.

ITS ALIVE

Rebecca is lying. I don't leave my house for fear of being killed by snakes and instead of cars we ride kangaroos :)

turnaround

Haha, sorry, no I didn't mean to offend you, I was just curious.  ;D
And I liked it..

Rebecca

haha, no offense - i had a big spider in my shower the other week and I screamed but lucky i drowned it

Linda

Quote from: Rebecca on September 08, 2007, 07:24:05 AM
haha, no offense - i had a big spider in my shower the other week and I screamed but lucky i drowned it

awh the poor spider :P

joking.. haha
I hate them too

ITS ALIVE

A couple of months ago I found a funnel web spider in my bedroom. I sprayed A WHOLE CAN OF BUG SPRAY on it but the resilient bastard would not die. For those of you who don't know funnel web spiders are the deadliest spider we have in Australia. They have killed humans on a number or occasions.

turnaround

:o :o
I have heard of these yes.
Incredible, must have been a horror!

I thought I was more afraid of snakes than of spiders, but this could change my mind.  ;)
And I liked it..

Linda

Quote from: ITS ALIVE on September 09, 2007, 04:17:41 AM
A couple of months ago I found a funnel web spider in my bedroom. I sprayed A WHOLE CAN OF BUG SPRAY on it but the resilient bastard would not die. For those of you who don't know funnel web spiders are the deadliest spider we have in Australia. They have killed humans on a number or occasions.

Holy shit!

okkk .. thats Australia marked off my list anyway  :-\

*Sabine*

I'm interested to go and work there next year for 5 months or so...I'd like some more info. I'll you guys about it later!

secski

Hey, I'm another sydneysider!

they say australia is much like sweden, except better weather.

wow, watch those funnel webs. gimme daddy long legs any time lol.

snakes are rarely in backyards in some suburbs and come out at night especially in summer when the porch lights are on- but most have the sense to flee rather than bite.

turnaround

Quote from: secski on August 13, 2008, 10:55:51 AM

snakes are rarely in backyards in some suburbs and come out at night especially in summer when the porch lights are on  :o
I shudder when I read this.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Hey, another Sydneysider! cool, me too.

don't worry Turnaround, I've never seen a snake!
but funnel web spiders, that are poisonous, yep, they're around in people's backyards!