• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar) from Album 1989 (Max Martin)

Started by gm33, November 18, 2013, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex

Quote from: B Steady on August 28, 2014, 02:29:47 PM
I love the fact that she's singing "movin" in the first pre chorus and "groovin" in the second one. All about the details ;)

Max has always used that kind of tricks - changing words for others with a similar pronunciation. Like, "we called it off again last night " and "you called me up again tonight" in wanegbt.
Heyy i've just realised that there are 3 max's song in top 10 this week!!

Eddie Krommer

A very nice article about the 18th Number 1

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6236395/max-martin-scores-18th-no-1-on-billboard-hot-100-shake-it-off

Now I want him on the cover of Billboard with a very, very long interview  ;D

BTW, some interesting facts about this exciting list:
- 7 years in a row he has had at least a number one hit.
- 3 is the maximum of number ones in a year: 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Most profitable artist to work with: Katy Perry, 8 number ones.
- Nsync and Maroon 5 are the only full male acts who achieved number ones with Max.
- Girlbands or solo male artists still mean no number one for Max (Go for it Max!)

j.fco.morales

I always think Katy Perry must be a dream cowriting partner, as well as Taylor.

Raul_esp

Congratulations Max , Taylor and Shellback!! , Well deserved! , 18th Number 1!! , Amazing , The best pop songwriter ever.

uberweiss

I don't value Katy as a co-writer at all... All she contributes are lyrics and most of them are embarrassing and are the worst part of the song. Like "Ghost" is an amazing melody but with lyrics like 'And there's just a pillow where your head used to sleep'. And "Roar" is nothing but songwriting cliche after songwriting cliche (eye of the tiger/bite my tongue/hold my breath/rock the boat/stinging like a bee/floating like a butterfly/zero to hero).

Whereas with Taylor, you hear her influence in the songwriting, and she has plenty of solo-writing credentials in the past to let you know she's the real deal. For instance, she wrote the amazing chorus to "I Knew You Were Trouble" before bringing the song to Max/Shellback.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: uberweiss on August 29, 2014, 05:20:29 AM
I don't value Katy as a co-writer at all... All she contributes are lyrics and most of them are embarrassing and are the worst part of the song. Like "Ghost" is an amazing melody but with lyrics like 'And there's just a pillow where your head used to sleep'. And "Roar" is nothing but songwriting cliche after songwriting cliche (eye of the tiger/bite my tongue/hold my breath/rock the boat/stinging like a bee/floating like a butterfly/zero to hero).

Whereas with Taylor, you hear her influence in the songwriting, and she has plenty of solo-writing credentials in the past to let you know she's the real deal. For instance, she wrote the amazing chorus to "I Knew You Were Trouble" before bringing the song to Max/Shellback.

how do you know Katy wrote those specific lyrics?

uberweiss

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on August 29, 2014, 05:26:10 AM
how do you know Katy wrote those specific lyrics?

Well Katy's job in the songwriting process, usually along with Bonnie McKee, is to write the lyrics. And they're usually quite dull and colourless. Sometimes this works, because the lyrics are just a vessell for the incredible melodies, but sometimes they're so cringeworthy that they actively get in the way of the song.

j.fco.morales

Well, I'm not sure about it.

I think her input is more than just that: she's a great topliner, lyricist and songwriter.
She had some pretty good songs written by her own, but the songwriting terms in the industry are different: people write over tracks because it's way easier to have a hit like that.

All the songs are written from different places, everyone that works making music knows that: from a melody, from a lyrics, from a chorus or an idea of something, etc.
Then the collaborators help to polish the songs and make contributions in favor to get a better product.

You can tell about Katy and Taylor for example, that they are involved in the songwriting, because it seems honest and connected with their material. I don't know how to explain it, you just can tell.

Hopefully, someday we'll get the change to know more about her process and her songs.

Polarmachine

Quote from: B Steady on August 28, 2014, 11:07:01 AM
How can you be part of the Cheiron forum and not know this song?!? :o

Oh Im not embarrassed for saying that I haven't heard every max song in the world! Have you? ;)

B Steady

Quote from: Polarmachine on August 29, 2014, 01:19:40 PM
Oh Im not embarrassed for saying that I haven't heard every max song in the world! Have you? ;)

No but I'll Never Stop is not just a Max song. It's on a record setting album and one of the best NSYNC songs ever
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Come on Benny, you're being a bit over the top with it...

Jules

Quote from: Polarmachine on August 29, 2014, 01:19:40 PM

I'd say I have!  :o

Benny, "I'll never stop" wasn't a single in the states, maybe that's why we consider it more popular than it actually is?

B Steady

Quote from: Jules on August 31, 2014, 11:58:22 AM
I'd say I have!  :o

Benny, "I'll never stop" wasn't a single in the states, maybe that's why we consider it more popular than it actually is?

I'll Never Stop is from the heyday of Cheiron, I'd even consider it as one of the most famous Cheiron songs since it's on the No Strings Attached album
Vila i frid Dag

Polarmachine

Alright I should have known it. But I gotta say so you know in the future, that there's probably a lot of cheiron songs from back in the day that I haven't heard, or at least don't know all lyrics to. I Like This Forum Anyways  ;D

Jules that's impressive, but do you know every word in every Max song?

Let's get back to topic.

Am I right that the verses only have one harmony playing like a melody under Taylor? playing A-C-F,G-F,G. And then in the pre the backing vocals creates the whole chords; Am,C,G???

Jules

Quote from: Polarmachine on August 31, 2014, 01:16:12 PM
Jules that's impressive, but do you know every word in every Max song?

Most definetely not!!

I'm a melody person, I don't even really care for lyrics!