• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Adele - new album with single by Max Martin

Started by uberweiss, August 27, 2015, 10:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feelgoodlies

I agree georg_e, I really dislike streaming and I hope they do something about valuing music again.

georg_e

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 22, 2015, 05:07:52 PM
Streaming is not a industry based business model: is a response to 40 years of a model of abusive consumption.

The labels made lots of money all these years.
People got tired of abusive prices and other people found a way to make money out of it and build their empires.

Digital revolution, basically.
Hi j.fco.......  I'm only just starting to look into this subject myself ....just following my own instincts about it ......seems there's a lot more going on than meets the eye, beyond what we're being told about why streaming is being pushed so hard....
I found this article yesterday, interview with someone who actually knows what's going on....scroll down to where the large print quoted in blue color is about how Universal Music is behind it, but more importantly.....the real reason WHY  they're pushing it :-)
     http://musically.com/2015/05/14/ministry-of-sound-major-labels-streaming/

Also love the paragraph starting with "The music industry's response to piracy was 'Let's give away everything away for free legally'. The movie industry didn't do that and the TV industry didn't do that........the book (publishing) industry didn't do that.............".

georg_e

One last thought on this subject :-)
There was music cassette/8 track piracy in the '80's, and CD piracy in the 90's. Did the music industry say "OK no problem, we'll have "Free Tier" for cassettes? Heck, for all I know, there may have been vinyl record piracy, lol. But at no point was the response like it was to digital piracy. Why??
     I know it's never going back to CDs again-- that's fine! I don't even like them/use them/buy them. I do everything on my phone. So we're in a new era of how people listen to music --that's normal.
      But at some point, EVERY way of listening to music was new: first was 78 rpm, then 45 rpm, then LPs, then cassettes, 8 track, finally CDs. Risk of piracy was there with every one of those formats (maybe less with vinyl). People adapted to each new change......and kept PAYING for music.
       All of a sudden comes digital piracy, and music industry says "We can't fight this...better coax people with free, or they'll stop consuming music except by stealing it".   HA!!!

sonnyblack2000

Digital piracy in the digital age is completely different then in the analg days. The industry is fine with a small amount of piracy it comes with the territory but when it first happened in the digital age with Napster it was different numbers and a real danger business wise. The solution at the time came by suing and destroying Napster then aligning with Apple for itunes.
Anyways I stand by my comments that we are not going back to paying per song but moving into streaming, mabe your cellphone company will ncoude a music optin just like a voicmail option and that s how we ll get everyone to pay, convenience. Of course the royalties calculations and such will need to be fixed, and it will just like any new format before in history.
The easiest way to understand it is when I look at my 1000+ cd collection, some i have listen to once or twice, some hundereds of times, which are more valuable? For the labels it didnt matter it all brought in the same amount, not in the streaming world. I would dare to say that it could potentially help develop longer term artists (more Prince, less macarena- who can be against that?)

georg_e

Quote from: sonnyblack2000 on November 23, 2015, 02:47:39 PM
Digital piracy in the digital age is completely different then in the analg days. The industry is fine with a small amount of piracy it comes with the territory but when it first happened in the digital age with Napster it was different numbers and a real danger business wise. The solution at the time came by suing and destroying Napster then aligning with Apple for itunes.
Anyways I stand by my comments that we are not going back to paying per song but moving into streaming, mabe your cellphone company will ncoude a music optin just like a voicmail option and that s how we ll get everyone to pay, convenience. Of course the royalties calculations and such will need to be fixed, and it will just like any new format before in history.
The easiest way to understand it is when I look at my 1000+ cd collection, some i have listen to once or twice, some hundereds of times, which are more valuable? For the labels it didnt matter it all brought in the same amount, not in the streaming world. I would dare to say that it could potentially help develop longer term artists (more Prince, less macarena- who can be against that?)
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2199&dat=19860719&id=sjMyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=nuUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=4621,3944878&hl=en

Was $1.2 billion/year a "small amount of piracy"?

And here's contemporary figures on piracy:    http://www.go-gulf.com/blog/online-piracy/   Scroll down, and it shows that music is the next to LEAST pirated digitally of all formats (movies, TV, etc).......and yet it's the ONLY major entertainment format that's given away free on a mass scale.

They have all these hypothetical ideas about how they're "going" to make streaming work, but really: how hard could it have been to get it right-- right from the beginning?  This is not like planning a manned landing on Mars :-)

Meanwhile........👸🏼

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=298650

j.fco.morales

We should start a thread about streaming/piracy issues and left Adele out of this conversation.

She did some good promo on BBC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHXjxWaQs9o

bugmenot

I'm so sorry there is no photos of Adele in studio.

Rebecca

I'm a bit late to this, but I'm disappointed with the the Max/Shellback/Adele song. Even though I'm not a fan of Adele I had hoped to still love the song. Maybe it's a grower.

As for Adele not streaming, as Bob Lefsetz says, only Superstars can do this. For me, I don't bother with streaming, I buy the cd's and songs I like.

Polarmachine

I hope for Water Under The Bridge as next single. Greg and Adele got dat magic together :)

turnaround

My fave is River Lea. Didn't like it at first listen but it has such power.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

nanofives

At first I thought it was empty, but then I realise that sometimes its nice to get out of the typical storyteller-kind video.
I still love the song and I hope it will top the charts.

ShockdioN

j.fco.morales