• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Has Luke written or produced anything in the last 12 months or so?

Started by RoyFan, February 27, 2015, 04:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyFan

What is Luke doing these days?  He co wrote "Sugar" - and ever since I haven't heard anything
on the radio that he's produced/written.

Maybe he's been advised by his lawyer not to do anything until the trial is over? 

I doubt that people have "stopped" working with him cause of the Kesha thing, but who knows
maybe the "A List" singers who have other options like Max, Greg Kurstin, Greg Wells, Pharrell
have opted for those guys.

turnaround

And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

He did a song on Fifth Harmony's album. Becky G, G.R.L. I think he's more into developing new artists these days. But I'm sure he's doing stuff now that will come out this year. Rita Ora

j.fco.morales

I think the same way: Luke's doing business.
He's an established producer right now and wants to make more money out of it.

RoyFan

Holy Crapppppp some of those news songs he's involved with are  shiiiiiiiitttttttt

Maybe he's uninspired after so many years of creating.  I guess it's also hard to pull off that
magic without great singers and Max and Bonnie etc.

Rebecca

I was thinking the same thing, he hasn't been writing nearly as much as he used to. I also wondered if it's because of the Kesha thing. It will be interesting to see if Katy Perry works with him again, or if Max works with him again.

sweetmelody

This is in no way a knock on Luke because I respect what he's done, and I think he's a great producer. But when he doesn't work with great writers and producers like Max and Benny, his stuff isn't as good. At least he's not as successful. That's just a personal observation.

j.fco.morales

I think the GRL songs are really good, but the girls don't take the best out of the compositions.

And the rest of the songs is kind of the same: nice songs, not the best artists recording it.

And BTW, his touch in the Yelle's last album prove you guys wrong: it's an amazing work.

bugmenot

B Steady

If you're friends with somebody who doesn't have a twitter account .... would you congratulate them via twitter???
Vila i frid Dag

sweetmelody

Quote from: B Steady on March 06, 2015, 08:23:30 PM
If you're friends with somebody who doesn't have a twitter account .... would you congratulate them via twitter???

Yes, you would. Many others congratulated him and he's mentioned him on twitter before. I thought it was odd that he didn't publicly acknowledge the man who he probably owes much of his success to. I have no inside info or anything like that, but I did think it was interesting that Luke and Max haven't worked together much recently. Even on Prism, Max did some things without Luke. I'm wondering if there is a rift between the two? Again, maybe someone with more knowledge can comment.

Rex

I think Max mentioned him in his speech, so Luke should have twitted something about it

j.fco.morales

It's not important I think: if you have to thank or say anything to someone, you do it privately.
And they surely had that talk, it helped to relauch their careers!

j.fco.morales

If you're talking about hits, let's not talk about 2001-2003.