• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Tired of pop music

Started by B Steady, May 13, 2013, 01:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Hey guys! Have you ever been tired of pop music?

Currently I am! The whole year 2013 I was listening almost exclusively to pop music (mainly to Cheiron & Dr. Luke with his co-workers of course) and now I'm just tired of it. Therefore I'm listening to Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange", Alicia Keys' albums and the quiet Drake songs. Such a pleasant sound to my ears! But it won't be long until I'm getting tired of this music as well and then pop music is allowed to come back to my ears :D
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

No , I don't , When I'm tired of the pop music nowadays (Sometimes it happens)I hear the pop of other era , 80's , 90's , The pop music is so big , always there is something new to hear.

B Steady

oh yeah, that's a good alternative too! :)

Anyway I meant rather modern pop music, i.e. modern sound. I think the details and brightness of today's pop music sometimes are simply too much for the ears. and then we need the old sound or at least the smooth sound of other genres like Soul.
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Quote from: B Steady on May 13, 2013, 01:38:11 PM
oh yeah, that's a good alternative too! :)

Anyway I meant rather modern pop music, i.e. modern sound. I think the details and brightness of today's pop music sometimes are simply too much for the ears. and then we need the old sound or at least the smooth sound of other genres like Soul.

Yes , the modern pop music is worst and most simple.
I always need to hear other music that is most inspiring.

Matteo87

Yeah, It happens to me with nowadays Pop music.

The 80's & 90's Pop/Europop music is a really drug for me...I never get tired!
"I didn't even know what a producer did, I spent two years day and night in that studio trying to learn what the hell was going on." - Max Martin

nznexus

not really, i was playing i knew u were trouble for 1 month daily cause it was so good but never got tired of it..

but sometimes yes, it can become boring..
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Feelgoodlies

No, never!

And B steady, what you are listening to when you're bored defines boredom and tiresome.

B Steady

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on May 17, 2013, 12:41:11 AM
And B steady, what you are listening to when you're bored defines boredom and tiresome.

ALWAYS a matter of taste! ;)
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

I'm not sure that I'm necessarily tired of pop music at the moment, but at the same time, I'm totally not satisfied with it either. There are odd gems, but most of the time it's just crazy production and uninspired writing. I'd give up the dubstep, dance and sample crazy influence on pop in a heartbeat if it meant going back to some seriously good writing.

AdamKhan

Yes, im tired of the dance/pop cross over type records.....I think alot of people are.

cheironlover

Quote from: Matteo87 on May 13, 2013, 02:33:55 PM
Yeah, It happens to me with nowadays Pop music.

The 80's & 90's Pop/Europop music is a really drug for me...I never get tired!

Yeah Totally! I say 80's, 90's, until 2010. Most pop music nowaday just has NO FEELING or HUMANITY at all! Except a select few.

nznexus

i get never tired... of the dr luke sound

and the max martin SOUND.

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

cheironlover

Quote from: nznexus on June 25, 2013, 02:42:30 AM
i get never tired... of the dr luke sound

and the max martin SOUND.

Yeah