• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Uk Songwriter

Started by mark1878, April 24, 2010, 02:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark1878

Hi,

I'm a UK based songwriter and I've recently wrote some tracks which were heavily influenced by the writing styles of max martin and Dr Luke, Be nice if you could tell me your opinions on them.

www.myspace.com/markquinn1

Rebecca

Hi Mark, I've had a listen, sorry, but the songs are only okay to me. My main problem is the singer's fairly weak voice. Sorry, it's not my thing.

Dominik

Hey,

I have to admit Rebecca is right. Think some of the melodies
are good but the main problem is that there is so much musical
space till there's finally something happening in your songs. I
think you need to work on your arranging skills really hard.
but keep going you surely got some talent.

cheers

dominik

andrea

Hi Mark, I think your songs are very good.
I think that you've only got a "mixing" problem: I'm convinced that if you found a good mixer, your songs will sound much better!

And I agree with Dominik, there's too much empty musical space... you have to cut off some parts and simplify the arrangements, in my opinion...

However, you did a very good work... my "marks" ;):

Cold: 7,5/10
Spark: 5/10

Unexpected

Well, welcome to the forum, The thing that bothered me in the song especially that the verses are completely different from he chorus, it's like they belong to two different songs, the same thing with spark, maybe you need to tune down the rock sound on the chorus; but over all I think spark is a bit better as a song (I mean sound more as profissional), but I prefer the melody on cold, so I don't know what you're gonna do about that :D

mark1878

Hi,

first of all thanks for the replies, i agree with most points, mainly that obviously the songs arent very well recorded, the vocals were recorded remotely and then sent for me, the rest was done at home by me through logic, due to my poor mixing skills i couldn't  find the right balance to get the guitars to sit well in the mix and, as was already mentioned, it results in the tracks sounding a lot heavier than they should for this genre of music, i think that the vocalist is very good and i maybe just havent done her justice with the way i've mixed the track.

again thanks for the replies and if you come up with anything else just let me know.

andrea

I confirm that it's a great result considering that it was all done at home. I also like singer's voice, I think it's right for this kind of music.