• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Do you want that Cheiron drum sound? Come get it!

Started by mxmcarl, April 20, 2014, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tano87

The snare fx is a preset it is also used here in some random parts in different tones but I think it's definitely the one used by Max Martin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu9uWY1hm40

It must be a preset from his equipment.
The fx is also in Don't Wanna Lose You Now by BSB without snare.

nznexus

yeah.. probably

from some synthesizer is a preset.

not sure wich one tho
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

nznexus

sorry cant help. these sounds are too old to find today.

maybe if you get yourself the right hardware synth or rack u will find these sounds.

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Tano87

Yeah but to get the right instrument at least I should know someone who got those stuff and have the proof that the real thing is there.

cheironlover

Quote from: mxmcarl on April 20, 2014, 06:04:06 PM
Hey Guys!

Been reading a lot on this message board however just recently created my account. I've noticed that a lot of you are having troubles getting that Cheiron Sound on your drums. Well, I'm here to help!

Now here's loop i created myself:
https://soundcloud.com/mxm-cheiron-drums

I can help you get that Cheiron drum flavor on your track but I'm gonna have to charge you for it (Sorry guys, but it takes time to do music and time is unfortunately not free)

If you want the track I made (the one you can hear on my soundcloud page) I'll send it to you (each individual file as a .wav) for $100

I can also help you create a custom Cheiron drum track, made specifically for your own track for $250 (includes me mixing the drums to fit the track)

I can also take a song you've written and produce it for you in a cheiron style so that you get that ultimate 90's feeling (price varies based on track, contact me for more info)

All sales are final and all payments must go through paypal.

Don't think of this as an ad, think of it as me helping you guys out. I've spent a lot of time (years) getting that crisp cheiron sound on my tracks and I believe that's something worth paying for.

Regards
Carl

I will keep you in mind, because no matter what the hell I do I can only get to 80% there at most.

cheironlover

Quote from: mxmcarl on April 20, 2014, 06:04:06 PM
Hey Guys!

Been reading a lot on this message board however just recently created my account. I've noticed that a lot of you are having troubles getting that Cheiron Sound on your drums. Well, I'm here to help!

Now here's loop i created myself:
https://soundcloud.com/mxm-cheiron-drums

I can help you get that Cheiron drum flavor on your track but I'm gonna have to charge you for it (Sorry guys, but it takes time to do music and time is unfortunately not free)

If you want the track I made (the one you can hear on my soundcloud page) I'll send it to you (each individual file as a .wav) for $100

I can also help you create a custom Cheiron drum track, made specifically for your own track for $250 (includes me mixing the drums to fit the track)

I can also take a song you've written and produce it for you in a cheiron style so that you get that ultimate 90's feeling (price varies based on track, contact me for more info)

All sales are final and all payments must go through paypal.

Don't think of this as an ad, think of it as me helping you guys out. I've spent a lot of time (years) getting that crisp cheiron sound on my tracks and I believe that's something worth paying for.

Regards
Carl

I'll be looking into you for sure!

backgammonfiend

After 4 odd years of actually trying to find the preset for the iconic sonar sound they put on the snare, i just manually filtered it nigh 100% cleanly using the IGBM 7.1 tracks

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/683453920508641395/885947116705448026/iconic_sonar_sound.wav

Per Magnusson told me this sound was taken from a random sample cd which may explain why nobody can seem to find it on any of the akai or roland libraries . smgdh

Tano87

Quote from: backgammonfiend on September 20, 2021, 10:59:23 PM
After 4 odd years of actually trying to find the preset for the iconic sonar sound they put on the snare, i just manually filtered it nigh 100% cleanly using the IGBM 7.1 tracks

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/683453920508641395/885947116705448026/iconic_sonar_sound.wav

Per Magnusson told me this sound was taken from a random sample cd which may explain why nobody can seem to find it on any of the akai or roland libraries . smgdh

IGBM 7.1 tracks? Where are these from? Is there anything like that by Britney Spears from Cheiron?
I'm looking for Oops desperately.

Anyway the sonar sound has always been in front of our hears!
It was also just reversed and pitched down...used as uplift white noise :P

backgammonfiend

I don't think so, if you reverse the sonar rise from oops you definitely don't get this one. they probably used a more dedicated plug for that...

Yeah the 7.1 used by tidal is entirely random as to what songs they pick up. as far as i know there are basically no cheiron songs, it is almost impossible to distinguish which ones will be 7.1 which is usually much more flushed out than the standard dolby atmos 5.1 (Except if it's never gone or other DTS ports, then its the exact same shit as you already had). You best believe if they had classics like IWITW on there i would be posting it outright

They say they have 'over 1000 songs' compatible with tidal 7.1 but i still dont know of anyway to search the catalogue. shits a mess https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00246357

Tano87

Quote from: backgammonfiend on September 22, 2021, 06:17:44 AM
I don't think so, if you reverse the sonar rise from oops you definitely don't get this one. they probably used a more dedicated plug for that...

No actually u need to sample that...and play it on a keyboard if u go higher u get that sound lol

Anyway apple also have the surround song so it's really hard to understand which song is added on total but it's easier on Apple Music.

Anyway if It's Gonna Be Me it's added even other classics from that era must be added.
Maybe Britney is freezes because of the conservatorship...idk...

Anyway everything is still rare

Tano87

Quote from: backgammonfiend on September 22, 2021, 06:17:44 AM

Yeah the 7.1 used by tidal is entirely random as to what songs they pick up. as far as i know there are basically no cheiron songs, it is almost impossible to distinguish which ones will be 7.1 which is usually much more flushed out than the standard dolby atmos 5.1 (Except if it's never gone or other DTS ports, then its the exact same shit as you already had). You best believe if they had classics like IWITW on there i would be posting it outright

They say they have 'over 1000 songs' compatible with tidal 7.1 but i still dont know of anyway to search the catalogue. shits a mess https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00246357

I did a little search. Tidal got some specific playlists. "It's gonna be me" is the only Cheiron song added. Britney is there but with Toxic. Also it's not even in the Dolby Atmos playlist it's in the Reality Audio playlist and the songs are in stereo but the real file is e-ac3 6 channel.

backgammonfiend

nah mate that's on apple music, i got hard proof that this upgraded surround on tidal is 8 channels lol i can post a link for you if you dont believe me

They got the full album for montero on there but the label didn't isolate the vocals for us even in the 7.1 versions. SAD!

Tano87

Quote from: backgammonfiend on September 25, 2021, 06:00:35 AM
nah mate that's on apple music, i got hard proof that this upgraded surround on tidal is 8 channels lol i can post a link for you if you dont believe me

They got the full album for montero on there but the label didn't isolate the vocals for us even in the 7.1 versions. SAD!

In fact I think that Nsync version is a kind of mistake because in most cases surround audios got lead vocals and drums mixed together.