• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

PowerFX Downtown Beats?

Started by moham.adn, January 29, 2019, 07:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moham.adn

Hello all! I was wondering if there was anyone on here who wouldn't mind sharing the PowerFX Downtown Beats CD with me? I heard it's loaded with sounds inspired by Cheiron and other pop songs from the early 00's. Thanks!

cheironlover

WhatTheFox

I have them and I may be willing to share if someone can help me?  8)

Snipes3000

Yes. You can upload the downtown beats at https://anonfiles.com/ and repost here. Let me know if it doesnt work out for you.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

Have you checked on detail your DAW's sample library?

I've heard all these stuff.

Snipes3000

I haven't heard PowerFX yet. Let's see how it is. The other downtown beats pack I have is not as suitable for Cheiron as drums you can find inside some of the EMU romplers. The problem I have with working with EMU rompler drum samples is that it isn't practical or quick. I rather have them printed in some .wav pack. The drums inside EMU romplers are in fact one of the best phat drums you can find, even for the market of today. They have their own character compared to some of the other best processed samples around such as the KSHMR packs.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

WhatTheFox

Okay, thank you but what I am needing help with is a couple samples i'm really looking for that I think used to be on this forum but they are no longer available. I'm looking for an authentic "Baow" sound that was used in allot of BSB songs and does anyone know a synth that was used in for the strings and harpsichords? (Not Max Martin or Cherion Related) but Willa Ford's song "Did Ya Under Stand That" and a couple others had this fantastic harpsichord and guitar sounds?

j.fco.morales

Snipes3000

Sample Living on a Prayer for an authentic baow

WhatTheFox

Living on a prayer? Isn't that a bon jovi track or am I missing something?  ::)

Snipes3000

AlexanderLaBrea

Quote from: WhatTheFox on December 28, 2020, 05:31:25 PM
Living on a prayer? Isn't that a bon jovi track or am I missing something?  ::)

It's my life has better "baows" in the intro for sampling, if someone would be interested in that sort of thing.

Tano87

That bow used by Max Martin is sampled from Ginuwine "Pony" same with the breathy hat

j.fco.morales

It's not a sample, it's a talkbox. Max used some talk box arrangements as well, in Larger Than Life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOuKBNwXArs

A short note about talkbox in rock songs: https://ultimateclassicrock.com/talk-box-songs/

WhatTheFox

Quote from: Tano87 on December 29, 2020, 12:05:15 PM
That bow used by Max Martin is sampled from Ginuwine "Pony" same with the breathy hat

The Genuine - Pony one sounds different tho?