• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Masterclass

Started by JamesSongwriter, February 21, 2022, 03:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesSongwriter

Not sure if this is allowed but...

There is a certain master class of Max's songs happening next month. It's pretty expensive and was wondering if anyone wanted to share the cost together and share the video / deck we receive afterwards?

Feel free to private message me if you prefer  :)

Snipes3000

I don't see why this would not be allowed. Who is selling these masterclasses?
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

Helluvafella

Sounds interesting. How much is it and who gives the class?

Dagge

It depends on who will be teaching because Max himself certainly will not be that person :) I am afraid the class will teach information already available publicly for a hefty sum (which also I could teach for free). Real gems would be Max's methods for constructing melodies and other things that are not available to the public, but that will probably not be the topic.

Helluvafella

Quote from: Dagge on February 23, 2022, 11:22:53 AM
It depends on who will be teaching because Max himself certainly will not be that person :) I am afraid the class will teach information already available publicly for a hefty sum (which also I could teach for free). Real gems would be Max's methods for constructing melodies and other things that are not available to the public, but that will probably not be the topic.

I'm super curious to learn what you would teach us :) Maybe you can create a thread on this topic ... ,,Dagge teaches Max' methods" :)

Dagge

Quote from: Helluvafella on February 23, 2022, 07:47:35 PM
I'm super curious to learn what you would teach us :) Maybe you can create a thread on this topic ... ,,Dagge teaches Max' methods" :)

Sorry, I have said that if the course will teach the usual stuff that was available on the Internet over time I can teach this for free because I have read everything possible about Max and Cheiron thing. The real value of the mentioned course would be to teach stuff that is not available on the Internet. I hope this will resolve your dilemma.

bugmenot

Do you know there is an official MasterClass by Ryan Tedder? On their website MasterClass (no, I didn't buy it)

Snipes3000

There is an official masterclass by ryan tedder. Dont remember the company
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

Snipes3000

I also know of a company who sells "melodic math" and uses max martin songs to analyse to prove a point. However, when I analyse the same songs I see totally different things that go beyond the stuff he says and when he starts to qualify certain sections of the songs differently than I do, and explain certain moves differently than I do, then I back off. I trust my own analytical capacities and my own insights in the first place. Besides, the couple behind that max martin workshop or whatever they called it have no pop related releases at all

Dagge

Quote from: bugmenot on February 24, 2022, 05:47:12 AM
Do you know there is an official MasterClass by Ryan Tedder? On their website MasterClass (no, I didn't buy it)

He has pretty impressive credits, if that course may be compared to sitting with a famous producer/songwriter that teaches you everything he knows, for $285 that isn't too much to pay. But I somehow feel there is a catch.

Snipes3000

I've watched his thing. There isn't much to it imho. All I heard there were things I already knew. Besides what masterclass can be better than Luke's? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhJVpnhJefg&list=PL5ag0TICVq2W07CMtQVI1kKxftCdheilA&index=29