• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin and the elusive US Grammy Award (Poll)

Started by gm33, October 14, 2012, 03:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

Even after dominating the music charts for 15+ years, Max Martin, winner of many industry awards, has unfathomably never won a US Grammy award.  Personally I think the Grammy's are not to friendly to pop music.

I'm curious what you think. Will he ever win one for a song he writes or produces, will he win one as a lifetime/honorary achievement award, or will he never win one?

Obviously, he doesn't need to win one to prove anything to anyone, but it would be awesome for him to win music's top prize.

Edit: You need to be logged in to see the poll.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Joshua

I said yes for a song written/produced, but I'm being very hopeful. It's probably unlikely just because of the artists he works with and the style of songs he usually works on. Having said that, working with artists who have already proven to be Grammy favourites (ie. Taylor Swift) might up his chances, though I bet they'll go and consider her too pop now. Sadly I think the only mention he'll get is when he's gone in fifty or so years. :'(

MithunD

He deserved one way back in the late '90s. Especially for BSB's 'Millennium"  :( Hopefully he'll get one next year thanks to Maroon 5's "One More Night," Taylor Swift's "We Will Never.." and JB's "Beauty and a beat"!

rebekahELLE

I think he has a very good chance of taking home a GRAMMY this year.  Taylor Swift is immensely popular, she sells records and her song which is nominated for Record of the Year is the fastest selling digital single ever.  The album Red won't be eligible for a GRAMMY nomination until next year since it didn't meet the cutoff date, SO these are all favorable facts for We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together to take the honor.  Record companies want to sell records, and Taylor Swift and Max Martin sell records.  It's looking good this year, hopefully Max will receive his first GRAMMY this year.  It's not bad either that she crossed over into Pop with this song, reaching a bigger audience.  It will be interesting to see how they go with this one.
He has received the ASCAP producer of the year award 5 times, being the first non-American to ever achieve this honor 3 years in a row.  Regardless of whether people like Pop music, he certainly deserves a GRAMMY for his contribution to the fastest selling single in digital music history.  I wrote this a while ago, but update it weekly if you're interested in keeping up with his hits on the Billboard Hot 100. http://hub.me/a81rz
We'll see what happens next Sunday!! 

Linda

Years ago a Grammy award would have been a big deal, nowadays it's a bit overrated.
It would be nice to see him win one though and you'd never know with Taylor swift's album, he just might

rebekahELLE

In the music industry, it's still a big deal to receive a GRAMMY.  The closer it gets, and after reviewing the songs, although I would love to see Martin receive an award, I don't think this Taylor Swift song is his best.  Record of the Year: This award is for a single song, and honors "artistic achievement, technical proficiency and overall excellence in the recording industry, without regard to sales or chart position." The award is presented to the artist, producer and recording engineer/mixer for the song  It sold quickly because of Swift's popularity.

Maybe next year, with her album.