• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

What does Max understand about hit songs that other writers do not?

Started by MantraMix, September 03, 2010, 04:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MantraMix

Hi, I'm new here so sorry if this has been posted. I'm also a songwriter and Max is one of my idols. I am amazed at how he is able to reinvent himself every couple of years, but is still able to come up with #1 records. He's like a freak of nature!  ;D

georg_e

Hey MantraMix, welcome to the Forum :-)     Well, my own opinion is that if you had to pick one thing (the most important thing) it's that he's studied and knows what works and doesn't work in melody writing.............and he uses what works!  :D

MantraMix

Thanks.  :)

Certainly that is one of the reasons, but I think a lot of songwriters (at least all successful ones) understand this. But Max is just above almost everyone - even the best writers in the world.

JackSnr

Hi MantraMix, welcome  ;D I think George hit the nail on the head, Max writes melodies that are appealing, full of character and instantly memorable - it also helps that he is an excellent producer capable of bringing out the best of the artist and his songs (no matter what genre) are perfectly suited for radio.

Rebecca

welcome MantraMix. I think it's a matter of talent, I think just something he was born with. of course he had a great mentor in Denniz and we can't forget his other collaborators either, however Max is always the main ingredient. It's just amazing that he can write so many great songs. A freak of nature indeed!

Izalightblue

Quote from: Rebecca on September 04, 2010, 01:13:47 PM
welcome MantraMix. I think it's a matter of talent, I think just something he was born with. of course he had a great mentor in Denniz and we can't forget his other collaborators either, however Max is always the main ingredient. It's just amazing that he can write so many great songs. A freak of nature indeed!

I share the same opinion. ;)

Feelgoodlies

Catchiness, his songs catch your attention even if you were miles away you could feel there an amazing song being played somewhere!

Raul_esp

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on September 05, 2010, 09:46:08 PM
Catchiness, his songs catch your attention even if you were miles away you could feel there an amazing song being played somewhere!

you're right , i know it's a max song very early , it has something special.