• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

How Maratone got it's name.

Started by Username, April 17, 2009, 10:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Username

It's just a guess, but could it be:

Max Arthnor Rami Alexandra and then simply adding the word "tone" at the end.

I was thinking about it the other day and it seemed to make sense to me.

Alex Martin

sforzando

Oh that's possible. I've never thought of this before.
If it's true, that's so creative!  ;)

*Sabine*

Quote from: Username on April 17, 2009, 10:49:36 PM
It's just a guess, but could it be:

Max Arthnor Rami Alexandra and then simply adding the word "tone" at the end.

I was thinking about it the other day and it seemed to make sense to me.

You're a genius!!  ;D
It has to be this!

Alex Martin

No no,Arnthor bacame a maratone member in 2004.....

Raul_esp

it can be!! , welcome to the forum username!!

*Sabine*

Username

It's just a crazy guess and perhaps a strange coinsidence. I'm probably wrong.

Rebecca

welcome Username!

yeah, it sounds like it could be right. Though if Arnthor only joined in 2004, then maybe it's MAxRAmiTONE
but then I'm not sure where Alexandra would fit in

Linda

Quote from: Rebecca on April 25, 2009, 02:09:48 AM
yeah, it sounds like it could be right. Though if Arnthor only joined in 2004, then maybe it's MAxRAmiTONE

this sounds more like it.

LemmyDecaution

The article of Café Magazine "Pojken med Guldskivorna" from 1999 about Denniz, it mentions that Max Martin and Denniz PoP enjoyed computer games when not working as a way to clean their mind and competed against each other in a network.
One of the games was first-person shooter MARATHON, as well as others, but Marathon was the only being mentioned. There I think the first seed of idea for the studio name was planted as a dedication to his friend and the invaluable times they spent together.

But like Username mentioned it, I think that's the one to go with
:)

*Sabine*

Wow, guys, I'm impressed by your sense of looking into things!!
Lemmy, you could also be right. After all, maybe Maratone got its name after the 2 explanations! That name was sure found really well!

Rebecca

wow, Lemmy, you know so many details!

Izalightblue

Yeah, I think what Lemmy said is right, although I have always thought that Maratone is Martin and Tom ( because Tom Talomma owns the studio too) that changed to Tone because of the music place.