• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (current album)

Started by getawaydriver, January 03, 2019, 06:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnA1QmZvSNs Adam Neely gives a compelling argument on why this is not the case, and after hearing the recording sessions I'm having second doubts about this lawsuit.

bugmenot

So, Dua Lipa suffers with сryptomnesia.

It should be a rule in music that if you wrote a song in 15 seconds, then you just copied a melody of a song you heard.

nanofives

Sure thing, but it's most likely that she copied it from Outkast rather than this obscure Reggae band.

j.fco.morales

Guys, do you read yourselves being so shady?

Things like this happen. And it's not intentional.

nanofives

Not being intentional doesn't make it necessarily right. I believe that if Dua knew that she was copying another band she would credit them, just like INXS in Break My Heart. But not realizing she was copying is worth discussing either way, specially when we've got people defending both arguments.

j.fco.morales

When you write, it's what comes into your head and you don't overthink.
At this point, everything is already done.

Hope they settle out of court and add the songwriters to the credits and pay them, if a jury decides that.

nanofives

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/7mFj0LlWtEJaEigguaWqYh?si=f6393a18214547f9[/spotify]

Written by: Dua Lipa, Clarence Coffee Jr, OG Parker, Megan Thee Stallion, Nija Charles, Sarah Hudson and KOZ
Produced by: OG Parker, Romano, Platinum Library

Snipes3000

Quote from: j.fco.morales on March 10, 2022, 02:32:00 PM
When you write, it's what comes into your head and you don't overthink.

I agree that beginners work like that. Great songwriters don't always use that strategy though. Different strategies were confirmed by inter alia Savan, Mutt Lange, Ariana Grande and others.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?