• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (current album)

Started by getawaydriver, January 03, 2019, 06:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Love Again is the coolest thing in awhile to happen to pop music.
Vila i frid Dag

backgammonfiend

some weak cuts towards the end but this dude andrew watt been lowkey coming up lately

break my heart an early pick for song of the year FACTS

Snipes3000

I think Love Again sounds familiar to a french song called moi lolita by Alizee with regards to the topline.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

ModernJohn

Which part of the topline sounds similar, can't seem to hear it.

j.fco.morales

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: B Steady on April 19, 2020, 10:39:06 AM

Cool as well.

This album is great. Agree about the last few tracks being weaker, but that's kinda just commonplace in albums in general :/

ModernJohn

Snipes3000

Quote from: ModernJohn on April 20, 2020, 08:05:21 PM
Which part of the topline sounds similar, can't seem to hear it.

I thought that the verse of Love Again is in part similar to the chorus of Moi... Lolita. But perhaps my first impression was off.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

B Steady

Quote from: B Steady on April 19, 2020, 10:39:06 AM

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on April 20, 2020, 09:07:12 PM
Cool as well.

Yes!

Hallucinate is a bold Do You Wanna Come Over? rip-off.
Consequently there's a mash-up on YouTube.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zS7GTEm0xw

A trailer of a new song by J Balvin, Dua Lipa, Bad Bunny & Tainy titled UN DIA (ONE DAY) will be out this friday.

I'm excited! Tainy is one of my top 3 producers atm.

nanofives

I'm surprised about this Tainy's sound, it's more traditional mainstream pop which really encapsulates Dua Lipa's style.

nanofives

Too many similarities all over the place to be a coincidence.
I wonder they take so long to fill the lawsuit, these bands always find out about the most popular songs a year later, it's like they live under a rock.

EDIT: Well, Rick Beato noticed the exact same thing, I'm not sure if it's hard to find lawyers for this, specially when there's a chance to get a lot of money for the number one song of 2021

j.fco.morales

Quote from: bugmenot on March 06, 2022, 08:43:52 AM
If I were a band whose song was copied by an a-lister, I would wait when it earns 90% of possible income too.

That's right. And legal stuff takes time... usually people reach out about the topic and try to settle out of court.