• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Midnight Red - Where Did You Go? (Rami Yacoub, Red One)

Started by turnaround, June 03, 2012, 04:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

What do you think, this is a new band and RedOne is on board.

http://wevegotyoucovered.buzznet.com/user/journal/17253182/buzznet-exclusive-midnight-reds-hell

I think it's quite a rip-off of Dynamite!
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

I sounds good but yes the chorus is a Rip-off of Dynamite , anyway it's a new sound for RedOne.

Feelgoodlies

I had this track for sometime now, RedOne Facebooked about it and I really liked it.

Rebecca

I like it too, some parts are also a bit like Kesha

Joshua

Mmm, doesn't do much for me on first listen. All this Taio Cruz/Jason Derulo/Chris Brown style dance pop is starting to sound like one big long song to me.

turnaround

EP is out and there is a Rami song on it :D

Take Me Home      RedOne, Bilal "The Chef" Hajji, Alex Papaconstantinou, Achraf "AJ" Jannusi, Mika "Prophet" Guillory, Björn Djupström & Gary Angulo   
Take Me Home (Wildboyz Club Mix)      RedOne, Bilal "The Chef" Hajji, Alex Papaconstantinou, Achraf "AJ" Jannusi, Mika "Prophet" Guillory, Björn Djupström & Gary Angulo   
Miss Firestarter      RedOne, Geraldo Sandell, John Mamann, JEAN CLAUDE SINDRES, Yohanne Simon & AJ Jannusi   
Where Did U Go?      RedOne, Carl Falk, Rami Yacoub, Wayne Hector, Kristoffer Fogelmark & Albin Nedler   
Nothing Lasts Forever      RedOne, TinyIsland, Prophet & AJ Jannusi   

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/where-did-u-go/id766924023?i=766924043
And I liked it..

Jules

Quote from: turnaround on December 11, 2013, 06:53:25 AM
Where Did U Go?      RedOne, Carl Falk, Rami Yacoub, Wayne Hector, Kristoffer Fogelmark & Albin Nedler   

Aaaaaaaaaahhhh LOVE IT!!!!! <3
Move the thread to the "New Songs" board!  ;)

AND: RedOne my friend! I bet this is the kind of writing credit like "Starships" where Mr. Khayat just sneaked himself in cause Midnight Red is his project and it's released on his 2101 label - bet he didn't do squad on the song!  >:(

turnaround

Moved :D

I guess it's really the case. Basically it's the 1D Team minus Savan plus Wayne.
And I liked it..

J_A24

Quote from: Jules on December 11, 2013, 02:35:10 PM
Aaaaaaaaaahhhh LOVE IT!!!!! <3
Move the thread to the "New Songs" board!  ;)

AND: RedOne my friend! I bet this is the kind of writing credit like "Starships" where Mr. Khayat just sneaked himself in cause Midnight Red is his project and it's released on his 2101 label - bet he didn't do squad on the song!  >:(

To me it really sounds composed by RedOne, but Carl Falk and Rami on the production.

Jules

Quote from: J_A24 on December 12, 2013, 04:09:50 AM
To me it really sounds composed by RedOne, but Carl Falk and Rami on the production.

They've co-written a couple songs by now with Albin & Kristoffer, but these youngsters have never been included in the production, so I don't think so. Even though when I met them at Kinglet back then, Carl told me they "hired" them cause one of the two was a great singer and the other was producing stuff. But it sort of fits the "Starships" story. Carl said they were friends with RedOne, yet "Starships" was a finished song BEFORE they send it to RedOne cause he wanted to give it to Nicky. The song was originally intended for Cobra Starship, but they rejected it. Carl said all she did was lay her raps on it and that they were kinda frustrated it was then labelled as a "RedOne song"...

Jules

...listening to it again now I'd even say it sounds kinda Shellback-ish, but definetely not RedOne-written!  :o

turnaround

It reminds me also of Shellback. The beat especially.

Not Rami's best track, but quite catchy nonetheless.

By the way. I expected Fogelmark and Nedler to really have lots of track out after their success with the 2nd 1D album and winning the Cheiron awards.

But they haven't had lots of releases since then. Boyzone, Midnight Red..A bit disapointed as these guys seem to have potential.

Did you get this over iTunes US with a gift card? Annoying it's not available worldwide.
And I liked it..

Jules

Quote from: turnaround on December 12, 2013, 05:11:36 PM
By the way. I expected Fogelmark and Nedler to really have lots of track out after their success with the 2nd 1D album and winning the Cheiron awards.

Oh come on, the whole Denniz PoP award was a show, set up only to promote Albin & Kristoffer. I was SO disappointed when they announced them as "winners".

Quote from: turnaround on December 12, 2013, 05:11:36 PM
Did you get this over iTunes US with a gift card? Annoying it's not available worldwide.

Yup, got myself covered with German, US, UK and Swedish iTunes accounts. lol  8)

Feelgoodlies

The best song on the EP. I loved it without even knowing who did although I know they were signed in RedOne's label.

turnaround

Quote from: Jules on December 12, 2013, 05:49:58 PM
Oh come on, the whole Denniz PoP award was a show, set up only to promote Albin & Kristoffer. I was SO disappointed when they announced them as "winners".

Yup, got myself covered with German, US, UK and Swedish iTunes accounts. lol  8)

Quite annoying they didn't really award aspiring songwriters but songwriters who had their connections already.

Let's see how these guys develop.

BTW: Didn't you write a very nice tutorial how to get a foreign iTunes account? Maybe you are willing to share it once again, I can make the thread sticky  :D
And I liked it..