• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Little Game

Started by B Steady, January 28, 2013, 05:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Hey guys, I just thought of a little game with following "rules": Every day (or maybe every second day) I name a song that's produced by Max / Rami / Kristian / Luke / Shellback / ... and anyone who wants to writes down what comes to his/her mind ... like special memories or favorite passages in this song.

but first I need to know if anybody is interested in!

(btw if there are some grammatical mistakes or the like, I'm German ... but you're allowed to correct myself :) )
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

And I liked it..

B Steady

Probably we should just start it and then find some takers

"We've Got It Goin' On"

Initially released 1995 it is the debut single by the Backstreet Boys.
Then I was three years old, so actually I have no special memory of this but the Backstreet Boys were my first love and I was a fan right from the beginning so I surely loved the song! Of course I'm still in love with it!! And from my today's point of view I clearly recognize how Denniz and Max on the one side KEPT their Ace Of Base-Sound, on the other side EVOLVED it.
My favorite part is the break, because here the track comes down first, inlcuding a wonderful vocal arrangement, and few seconds later the whole power of the song is coming back.
All in all a perfect song!
Vila i frid Dag

Linda

We've got it goin on'

First song that made me notice Cheiron.
Also made me into a bsb fanatic.
Still today think its an absolute classic.

Fave part of the song is "everybody groove to the music, everybody jam...."

Joshua

"We've Got It Goin' On"

This didn't chart well in Australia at all, it didn't even make the top 50, so I was only aware of "Get Down" and "Quit Playing Games" by the time the second album came out, and it was only then that I became a big fan. I remember being with my best friend on a Saturday night in 1998, his Dad was driving us around as per usual (we were only 14), and while listening to the top 40 countdown on the radio, they mentioned the Boys in a news segment. That's when I first heard a five second clip of "We've Got It Goin' On". Why they chose to randomly play a part of that and not one of their Australian hits I have no idea, but I was so excited. From then on I was obsessed about hearing the rest of it, it sounded so good. Being young I was always saving any money I had for the few new releases I wanted, so I didn't get to buy their debut album at the time. It was years before I manged to finally hear the whole song, but I think that made it all the more special in my mind, that one day I was going to hear the rest of this amazing sounding track.

B Steady

"Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"

Another perfect Backstreet Boys song. I'll never forget the video! Then as a little child I was always frightened of the beginning ... so scary hahaha! :)
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

"Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"

The first time I heard this, I remember thinking, "this song is literally perfect"! It just felt so full, so fresh, so epic... like nothing I had heard before. I bought the single and for some random reason decided to read the credits, and for the very first time saw the names Denniz Pop and Max Martin. Without knowing a thing about either of them, I had already created images in my mind of what they looked like. Denniz was an old, very large man, and Max just a cool young guy. I was half right! :D

B Steady

Unfortunately Denniz never got old :(

"... Baby One More Time"

I remember my mother saying "this will be a huge success!" when she heard it for the first time. Actually she was right! :) I never liked this song that much, very good song though! But I think there are at least 10 songs from Britney I like more than "Baby One More Time". I feel like something is missing in this track. Probably it's just the tempo ... furthermore it's maybe a bit too dry for my taste.

However, I liked the video a lot and I still remember almost the whole video. I would say the song as well as the video is a classic! And last but not least it was Rami's breakthrough!! :)
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

"... Baby One More Time"

This is for me the best pop song ever , a classic , all in this song is perfection , it gets you attention in the first note.

B Steady

"I Want It That Way"

one of the 10 best songs ever in my opinion. every second of the track is just ingenious! nuff said.
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

"...Baby One More Time"

This song blew me away and began my obsession with Max songs. Before this, Max to me was just another writer among many who happened to write a couple of songs I liked. But this time around I knew he had something extra special, and I started looking out for his name. The video was just as good and I used to watch it over and over. I loved the thick vocal harmonies, and my favourite bit was Max's low harmony on the last line of the chorus, it was magic. I also remember assuming Rami was a female when seeing his name on the single sleeve, and it was a year or so before I discovered otherwise.

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on February 07, 2013, 07:35:24 AM
"...Baby One More Time"

I also remember assuming Rami was a female when seeing his name on the single sleeve, and it was a year or so before I discovered otherwise.

Haha, that's what I thought of "Danja" for years! :D
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

"I Want It That Way"

The first I heard of this song was a short clip of the chorus on the radio, and I swore the lyrics were "aint nothin' but a party", which seemed strange lyrics for a ballad. Anyway, the next time I heard it was with the video, and both were nothing short of perfect. This was another case of song and video working brilliantly together. I remember this whole feeling of the boys having grown up all of a sudden... wearing mature clothes, AJ looking really different with his clear glasses, and even Kevin having a solo seemed really exciting. I remember being gobsmacked at my friend liking BSB but saying he didn't like the song at all. Then only days later I turned up at his house to find he had bought the single and had track one blasting out on constant repeat... he was hooked! The chorus is amazing, what can I say, it's magical. Along with Britney, it felt like a whole new era of pop, and was a perfect start to what would be one of my favourite years in music.