• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max wishes he'd written 2 of Ryan Tedder's songs

Started by PG, December 08, 2009, 10:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PG

Maybe this isn't worth a whole topic, but Idolator recently posted an interview with Ryan Tedder, and there's a bit in it about Max:

QuoteI was just talking to Max Martin the other day—he was an idol of mine, and so now he and I have developed a friendly relationship. The single greatest email I ever got in my life was Max Martin emailed me about a year-and-a-half ago and said, "There are only two songs ever written that I've told anybody I wish I'd written." And he said, "You wrote both of them." I saved the email! I was like, are you kidding me?  I wrote back and said, "You have about five." He just emailed me yesterday, actually, and was like, "I don't know how you do it," because I was just venting to him, saying things are busy, it's crazy.

I wonder which two songs he's referring to?  Leona's "Bleeding Love" and OneRepublic & Timbaland's "Apologize," maybe?

Anyway, I just think it's cool that little e-mail exchanges like this go on between big hitmakers :D

Raul_esp

bleeding love and halo i think , anyway is great read it , thanks PG.

PG

No problem! :) A few more things from the interview about Max that didn't make it to Idolator are on the interviewer's own blog.

QuoteRD: You were talking before about Max Martin. I've been a fan of his since the Ace Of Base days.
RT: Oh, yeah, man. Ace of Base, that was kind of his breakthrough. He's a recluse. He's so quiet. It's funny, because when you get to know him, he's super-talkative, but he hates press. He hates interviews. He doesn't want anything that is not him being in a studio and writing songs or hanging out with his kid. Which is amazing. I honestly think he's figured it out. Everybody else can have all the acclaim, because it doesn't really do anything for him and he doesn't want it. The funny thing is all these other producers in the world get so much more acclaim than he does, whether it's Grammys or recognition—he gets the least amount of recognition of just about any producer. I'd venture to say that if you actually did the numbers, in the last ten years he is the most successful producer in the world.

RD: That likely has a lot to do with pure pop music not really being embraced in America.
RT: I think that's what it is. Timbaland gets a lot of attention, and Rick Rubin. As they should. Rick Rubin is amazing. But Max is the most successful songwriter-producer of the last ten years, and if he keeps it up for a few more years, I think he'll be in the David Foster level of writer-producers at this point. Which is outstanding, he's just so consistent. Yeah, cool guy.

Rebecca

wow, this is definitely worth a whole topic! thank you. I love reading about people talking about Max. That was nice of Max to email Ryan and tell him he wished he'd written 2 of his songs. I can't imagine what they'd be, I suppose one would be "Bleeding Love", and maybe that's why Max wanted to work with Leona?

It's so funny though, because I remember reading that Max told the songwriter of Shayne Ward's "No Promises" that he'd wished he'd written that song!

I like that Max is really intense about music, but I wish he'd do more interviews.

I wonder which 5 songs of Max's Ryan wishes he'd written? probably Since U Been Gone, Baby One More Time, maybe I Want I That Way.

Yeah, it's really nice to know that hitmakers email each other.

*Sabine*

That's funny because I was thinking about how Ryan Tedder songs are similar to Max's sometimes (structure, catchiness...) and was wondering if they had relations together! I think they should collaborate sometime!!  ;D

Raul_esp

it's cool see how they are friends , two great songwritters , i always loved the ryan tedder productions.

he talks about max how a GOD .

PG

Quote from: Rebecca on December 09, 2009, 10:37:09 AM
wow, this is definitely worth a whole topic! thank you. I love reading about people talking about Max. That was nice of Max to email Ryan and tell him he wished he'd written 2 of his songs. I can't imagine what they'd be, I suppose one would be "Bleeding Love", and maybe that's why Max wanted to work with Leona?

It's so funny though, because I remember reading that Max told the songwriter of Shayne Ward's "No Promises" that he'd wished he'd written that song!

That makes sense about Leona, and "I Got You" reminds me of "Bleeding Love" a bit, so maybe it was Max's attempt to make his own "Bleeding Love."

I thought of that "No Promises" reference, too!  I went back and read the topic because I thought he said he wished he'd written that song, but maybe he just said it was his favorite song of 2006?  Or he's a little liberal with the world "only" ;)

sforzando

Quote from: *Sabine* on December 09, 2009, 01:16:39 PM
That's funny because I was thinking about how Ryan Tedder songs are similar to Max's sometimes (structure, catchiness...) and was wondering if they had relations together! I think they should collaborate sometime!!  ;D

Hey, Sabine I have thought like you too ;D Even though there is sth different but Ryan's sound is really similar to Max's!! When I don't have new Max's songs to listen to, I'll search for Ryan's songs instead!!(apart from DrLuke's and Kara Dioguardi's)

Great to know that they're friends and can't wait to see them coraborate some time!

Raul_esp

an one republic song written by max would be amazing.

Feelgoodlies

I don't think Ryan is as great as Max. His songs are OK not WOW, his writing skill is really classy, but as a produecr he is simply simple. Guess you gotta be born in Sweden to be able to get magical hands to produce well. :D

And yes I noticed that Max rarely gives interviews despite of the hits he made during all of these years.

Rebecca

Quote from: PG on December 09, 2009, 03:51:38 PM
I thought of that "No Promises" reference, too!  I went back and read the topic because I thought he said he wished he'd written that song, but maybe he just said it was his favorite song of 2006?  Or he's a little liberal with the world "only" ;)
Yes, I agree, he may be a little liberal with the word "only"!

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on December 11, 2009, 07:23:34 PM
I don't think Ryan is as great as Max. His songs are OK not WOW, his writing skill is really classy, but as a produecr he is simply simple. Guess you gotta be born in Sweden to be able to get magical hands to produce well. :D

I agree, Ryan's songs are only OK for me too

Izalightblue

Oh, so nice to hear that! Martin being the superproducer he is and he saying that shows how humble he is! I like some Ryan's songs too.