• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

How did Shellback end up working with Max?

Started by JackSnr, February 04, 2010, 09:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackSnr

Hi everyone!
As I'm sure you're all aware, Shellback is one of the latest songwriters to join the Maratone brigade. He has co-written songs such as If U Seek Amy, 3 and So What as well as other songs by Carrie Underwood and Allison Iraheta. He always co-writes with Max.
I was wondering if anyone here knew how this partnership came to be? Does anyone know anything about him or his working relationship with Max?

Judging from the songs he's written, he must be very talented (though I'm sure he had a 'little' help from Max ;-) and I thought it would be interesting to discuss him or any other of Max's current collaborators ie Alexandra and Tiffany Anders.
Check out Shellback's wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shellback_(songwriter)
Thanks,

Rebecca

Yeah, I don't know much about Shellback either. Although a few months ago I found an small interview with Shellback on one of the Swedish newspapers and I think that he said that his uncle (or friend) knew Max Martin and introduced him and that's how they met.

I wished I'd saved that article, I'm trying to find it.

But yeah, obviously he's talented and works really well with Max.

Michael Khan

Find it, find it!... And I wonder if he ever felt intimidated to work with him. I feel like if i worked with him, I would suddenly have writer's block and have sweaty palms. Or maybe not, who knows.

Rebecca

Welcome Michael
I had another search, still can't find it, but I'll keep on looking.
Well, I suppose Shellback didn't feel nervous or get writers block and I'm guessing that he wasn't intimidated by Max and that's why they're a good team, perhaps.

Izalightblue

I've read this short interview... you can find it here:

http://www.blt.se/noje_o_kultur/karlshamnskille-toppar-billboardlistan(871740).gm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blt-noje_o_kultur+%28BLT+N%C3%B6je+%26+Kultur%29

google translated:

Karlshamn Boy tops Billboard chart
Entertainment & Culture 2008-09-24 | Updated 2008-09-24

Per Gessle, ABBA and the 23-year-old John Schuster from Karlshamn now have one thing in common.
They have all topped the U.S. Billboard chart.
- It's incredibly cool, totally unreal, "said John Schuster.

John Schuster from Karlshamn is the county's first bleeding to top the U.S. Billboard chart, the world's most prestigious singles list.

John Schuster has been a particular singer in Karlshamn band Blinded Colony.

John "Shellback" Schuster and Max Martin has helped Pink with songwriting for her new album Funhouse. Now tops single So What, not only the U.S. Billboard chart, but also the charts in Canada and Australia.
Young songwriter John Schuster from Karlshamn is now history. He is history's first bleeding to top the U.S. Billboard chart. Not as an artist, but well as songwriters and musicians to singer Pink.
In the name of the producer Shellback which he and Max Martin are now creating pop hits in the Stockholm studio Maratone, the successor to the world famous Cheironstudion.
Pink new single So What tops currently lists around the world, but nothing beats higher than that to top the Billboard charts as the most prestigious.
- It feels completely unreal and difficult to grasp. This is something you always dreamed about, "said John Schuster during a break in the recording studio.
He has worked side by side with the Swedish demo producer Max Martin in a year and a half. The job he got both of their musical background, including as lead singer of the heavy bands Karlshamn Harvester and Blinded Colony, but also because of a little nepotism.
- I got the job in the studio thanks to my best buddy who knows Martin (Max Martin). On the way it is.
So you are his right hand now?
- Yes, it can be said. Right-hand man, slave and sidekick.
John Schuster has a past as a hardcore and heavy metal singer, but find it just as much fun with pop.
- There is no real difference. It is much harder to write a good pop song, than a discarded hårdrockslåt and little has been written any bad songs over the years.
He lives in Stockholm, but is frequently in Los Angeles. Last to record a song with Britney Spears on her upcoming album.
- I will stay in Sweden. It is easy to lose the realistic if you live in the United States. I'm a pretty modest guy and does not need to be seen.
Are you a millionaire now?
- I do not know. But I can well afford to buy a few extra medium-strength beer, anyway.
The only Swedish artists who previously topped the Billboard chart is Sheeba with Hooked on a feeling, ABBA (Dancing Queen), Ace of Base (The Sign), and Roxette, which topped the prestigious list four times ( "The Look, Listen To Your Heart, It Must Have Been Love and Joyride).
Max Martin, the songwriter who topped the U.S. singles chart three times in the past. Then the songs were written for Britney Spears, N'Sync and Kate Perry.

Facts
John Schuster
Family: Single. "Is married to music, there is no time for anything else."
Born: Karlshamn.
Lives in: Stockholm, Sweden.
Background: Singer in Blekinge Bands on Harvester and Blinded Colony. Nowadays, world renowned songwriter Max Martin right hand.
Current: As a songwriter for Pink and Britney Spears.
The world's best pop song, according to Schuster: Haddaway - What is love.

Raul_esp

Rebecca

Thanks Izabella! That's the one I had read. So his friend knew Max, that clears it up!

Funny that he says he can now buy some more beer!